Red lips have never been out of style and they never will be. They’re chic, sexy, bold and fierce plus they go well with virtually any skin tone. It’s one of the few lip colors that look great on any skin tone. With the right shade and undertones, you can wear red lipstick at any age, any time of the day, at any occasion, with any outfit you wear. That’s how versatile a red lip is. When it comes to makeup, a good red lipstick is considered an investment. Here’s a list of the 10 best red lipsticks to try out.
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Red Carpet – looking for a red lipstick from a well-trusted brand that you can try out? Check out the Red Carpet shade from Bobbi Brown’s Creamy Matter Lip Color line and you’ll surely fall in love. It’s a deep red color that glides on smoothly with a creamy consistency and dries up matte. What’s more is that the color stays on for 8 hours!
- Dolce & Gabbana The Lipstick Classic Cream Lipstick in Devil – if you want something you can wear for a loud and proud lip statement, you should definitely check out this bright orange-y red lip color from Dolce & Gabbana. It’s the perfect shade to sport for summer and spring. This red lipstick moisturizes your lips while also giving it stunning color.
- Lime Crime Velvetine in Red Velvet – Lime Crime is known for their wild and bright lip colors and recently, they launched their Velvetine line which has amazingly bright colors including a gorgeous red called Red Velvet. This lip stain is applied in the form of liquid but dries up into a beautiful matte. It’s kiss proof, smudge proof and drink proof making it the perfect red lip color for a long night of partying.
- Lipstick Queen Medieval – for first time red lip wearers, a sheer red is the perfect lipstick to go for. Try out Lipstick Queen Medieval and work your way from a subtle red lip to a sexy crimson pout. This lipstick has a sheer tint of red but the color is buildable so it’s perfect for experimenting with a red lipstick.
- MAC in Russian Red – no list of top red lipsticks would be complete without the MAC Russian Red. This color has been a favorite for celebs, makeup artists and makeup junkies and enthusiasts alike. MAC Russian Red has amassed a cult following because of its stunning color that suits all skin tones. It has been one of MAC’s best selling lipsticks since its launch in the 80s up until today.
- MAC Riri Hearts MAC in Riri Woo – if you’ve always wanted to steal Rihanna’s signature red lip, now is you chance! Head out to the nearest MAC counter and get Rihanna’s RiRi Hearts MAC lipstick in RiRi Woo.
- Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in Pirate – for the classic red lip with a smooth satin finish, check out the Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in Pirate. This is a classy red color that’s not too deep nor too bright. It’s the perfect lipstick to get if you want to channel your inner Manilyn Monroe.