One of the very first things that people will notice about you when they see you is your hair. This part of you, your crowning glory, has a lot to say about you and is crucial in making a good first impression. Having said that, you’ll want to take care of your hair to make sure it doesn’t make you look dated and older than you really are.
Sometimes, choosing the right hairstyle and haircut can be difficult as there are a million and one things to consider. However, when you stick to your old, regular hairstyle and cut, it can tend to make you look old and boring and what fabulous woman would want that? There are lots of ways to keep you looking fresh, young and vibrant and here are some hairstyles to start with:
- Curls or waves – if you are a natural-born curly beauty, then you sure are ahead of the game. Women who have curly or wavy hair always tend to look younger than their age as compared to women who have straight hair.
- Bangs or fringes – blunt bangs are so not now. Keep away from them and go for wispy side swept fringes or bangs instead. These are the small details that really make a huge difference in making you look younger.
- Sleek straight hair – don’t you just love the look of sleek, pin straight hair? It’s so young and sophisticated and it’s sure to take a few couple of years off of you. This is one of the most convenient hairstyles that make you look younger. It’s so convenient that you can even do it at home in just a few minutes with your own hair iron.
- Highlights and lowlights – having a monotone color in your hair does not only make you look a lot older, it makes your hair look fake like a toupee, too! Adding highlights and lowlights to your hair will give it dimensions and that’s what you need to look younger.
- Nothing too tight – when styling your hair, especially when doing an updo, avoid doing it too tight. Keeping your hairstyle loose, even messey, makes it look more easy, laidback and relaxed and this helps in giving you an allover look of being young.
Keep these in mind the next time you visit your hairstylist and tell them exactly what you want, they may even have more suggestions for you.