The beauty and fashion world is fickle. One day a certain style / trend is in and the next day it’s out. Us girls always try to be keen with what’s hot and what’s not when it comes to trend, especially beauty trends. If there’s one thing that I learned from all my years of experience in the beauty and fashion industry, it is that trends come and go and some make a comeback after a while. Speaking of comebacks, have you noticed how previous trends are starting to resurface lately? Here are some of the hottest beauty comebacks that are perfect for spring and summer.
- Bright red lips – though red lips in general never seem to go out of style, bright red lips haven’t exactly been making their presence felt until lately and I think it’s because the previous colder seasons made us stick to rich, warm and dark colors instead of fresh and bright ones. For spring and summer, though, bright red lips are making a comeback and we couldn’t be any happier about it! it’s the perfect way to spruce up your look without doing anything too drastic and dramatic and we like that about it.
- Boho-inspired hair – loose, natural-looking waves, flower headbands and just headbands in general are all that’s hot for hair trends this spring. Yep, boho hair is back and it’s back in full swing! I’m pretty sure you’ve seen this trend at the recent Coachella weekend paired with all kinds of outfits. Others call this style the hippie hair but no matter what you call it, it’s still the same sweet hairstyle that we’ll be seeing lots of variations for days to come.
- Wing tip eye liner – this is a look that springs back from the 60s and is now making its way back into the beauty world. Doing a wing tip liner is perfect if you want to add a bit of retro glam to your look. There are also now so many other modern variations of the wing tip liner with some as simple as a cat eye to those complex as graphic patterns. Some are wearable with your everyday makeup looks while other only fare well in photos and on the runway.
- Thick brows – Cara Delevingne may have winged this trend to a T and made it popular again but it was actually Brooke Shields back in the 80s who made bold, bushy brows a beauty statement. If you have naturally sparse brow hair, don’t fret. You can still get in on this trend by faking it (read: filling your eyebrows in or having them tinted).
- Neon lips – not exactly the ‘reflectorized’ kind but just bright and vibrant hues. Neon colors are now being seen not only on clothes and accessories but on lips as well. Don’t worry nothing too crazy like neon yellow or green here. Just wearable colors like pink, orange and purple so anyone can give this beauty comeback from the 80s a shot.