With spring less than a month away, we’re starting to see some major changes in the makeup scene. Slowly but surely, warm dark colors are transitioning into lighter and brighter ones, especially for lip colors. From deep berry hues we’re now seeing more fun and girly tints and these have definitely got us excited for spring! If you’re planning on updating your makeup collection to make it spring ready soon, check out these cool lipstick colors to warm you up for spring! They’re absolutely amazing and the best new of all is that you don’t have to wait for spring to come; you can start wearing them now!
- Tomato Red – red lips have always been a favorite, not only for spring but for all other seasons as well. It’s the one lip color that you can wear all year round, no matter what your skin tone is. Yes, it’s one of the most forgiving lip colors you can invest in. Up your red lip game this spring by going with a tomato red kind of hue. It’s a very versatile shade of red so you don’t have to worry about not being able to pull it off. This particular shade is perfect for spring because it’s not too dark to look like a fall/winter color nor too bright to look too summery on your lips.
- Vivid Orange – if you’ve already mastered the art of wearing red lipstick, why not take things up a notch and get more adventurous with a brighter, more vivid color like orange? It’s the lip color that filled the lips of every model who walked down the runway for the spring 2014 fashion week and it looked perfect in contrast with a ‘barely there’ look. It’s fab, it’s fun, it’s perfect for spring time.
- Hot Magenta – just when we though pink couldn’t get any prettier comes these wonderful magenta lip colors for spring. This is the perfect lip color to wear if you want something that’s vibrant and feminine. What’s great about this color is that you can easily wear it from day to night with just a few tweaks on your overall makeup look. Swipe it on your lips and top it off with gloss for daytime and keep touch up for the night without the gloss. It’s easy to wear and is the perfect tint to put on your lips on days when you want to feel extra girly.
- Rebellious Purple – if you aren’t quite ready to let go of fall lip colors yet but would like to add a bit of spring to your look, why not go for a pretty purple color? Choose a shade of purple that’s not too dark to make you look gothic or whatnot but don’t choose a pale color either, those just don’t work well on anyone. Instead, go a for a purple color with bluish tones. It would be even better if you could choose one that’s got a silky and glossy finish to make it more lively.
- Nude – not feeling like sporting a bright color on your lips? That’s fine. For this year’s spring, nude lip colors are in so don’t be afraid to let your lips look naked for a while. Painting your lips a nude color can be really refreshing, too, if you’re the type who always has loud colors on your lips.