One of the best things you can do if you want to keep your gorgeous looks for a longer time is to protect your skin from the sun. Using products that contain SPF or Sun Protection Factor is always a good way to keep the harsh rays of the sun from damaging your skin. Products with SPF help fight premature skin aging, too, among many other benefits. Despite knowing all these, though, there are still a lot of women out there who forego SPF just because the most common way to get it is through sunscreen / sun block lotions and these are often super sticky and they leave a white, unsightly residue on your skin after application. It melts rather unpleasantly, too which is another reason why many are turned off and grossed out by it. Good thing there are now other alternative ways to get protected from the sun! Check out these unique and different ways to get SPF protection aside from regular sunscreen.
- Foundation – if you’re a big makeup girl, getting your SPF shouldn’t be such a hassle anymore since you can literally wear it every day without even trying and this is by opting for foundation that contains SPF. Most foundations today, be it in the form of liquid, gel or powder, come with SPF so read the labels and get your hands on them on your next trip to Sephora.
- Moisturizer – another product that you use every day that is now infused with SPF is moisturizer. Moisturizing is something that we all do every single day so it wouldn’t change your routine at all to wear moisturizer with SPF in it, right? Plus, moisturizers are often lightweight so you don’t have to worry about that heavy, greasy feeling you get from regular sunscreen.
- Sunscreen mist – love the idea of protecting your skin but hate the feeling of having to slather yourself in that thick messy goop that is sunscreen lotion? Well, why not give sunscreen mists a try? Since it comes in mist form, it’s definitely lighter and it won’t leave a residue as well. Go for the micro mist variation if you really want that i-don’t-feel-like-I’m-wearing-anything feeling.
- SPF gel – most of the women I know that hate sunscreen have oily skin and that’s because thick and heavy lotions and oily skin just don’t mix. If you, too, have oily skin but would love to get protection from the sun, try using an SPF gel instead. They’re absorbed by the skin faster and they don’t feel greasy at all. There are also SPF gels that dry almost instantly on contact so it’s perfect for those who can’t stand feeling greasy or oily or wet.
- Wipes / towelettes – if you find yourself always freshening up with baby wipes or towelettes during a hot summer day, you might as well make the most out of it and use wipes / towelettes with SPF. Yes, even the simplest products like these now come with SPF. Now, that should give you a hint of how important it is to protect your skin from the sun.