If you’re looking for an easy way to achieve a more romantic hairstyle, all you really have to do is add luscious bouncy curls to your hair. However, not all women are experts when it comes to curling. Some may succeed at having those gorgeous curls on their heads but don’t know how to make them stay, others may know how to work a curling iron or a curling wand but don’t know how to go about getting proper curls so, here are some easy and effective hair curling tips and tricks to make adding curls a lot easier for you:
- Use a heat protectant before you curl your hair – heat from your styling tools can cause damage to your hair, whether it’s a flat hair iron or a curling wand. You can avoid this and protect your hair by spritzing on a generous amount of heat protectant to your hair before you start exposing it to heat. The heat protectant coats your hair and acts as a defense against heat.
- Avoid curling irons made of chrome – curling irons made of chrome are easily available at your local drugstores and they’re pretty cheap too! While these can get the job done, they pose greater risks for your hair being damaged and frizzy. You can avoid this by opting for curling irons made or ceramic instead. Not only does it do less damage to the hair, it also disperses heat more evenly so your curls turn out and hold better.
- Part your hair into manageable sections before you curl – this is one important step if you want to achieve even curls all throughout your look / hairstyle. Sectioning your hair before you curl it allows you to curl almost even parts at a time plus it also makes the whole curling process a lot easier and faster. A good way to section your hair is to part it into top, middle and bottom layers and then do section each layer off into 4 or more, depending on how thick your hair is.
- Texturize your hair – adding texture to your hair can help your curls last longer. You can achieve natural texture on your hair if you’re curling second (or third) day hair. This means your hair has to remain unwashed for 2 or three days and it will naturally have a rougher texture compared to when it’s freshly washed. In case you’ve already washed your hair, though, and you want to add texture to it for curling, you can always use a texturizing cream to it once it is damp.
- Finish off with strong hold hairspray – if you plan on wearing your curls all day long, as in from morning til night, it’s important that you finish off with a strong hold hairspray to make sure that your curls will hold up. It would also be convenient if you could carry along a travel size hairspray with your for touchups in case you feel like your curls are losing their form.