Sometimes when I get bored, I just get on to Pinterest to find all sorts of things, from bedroom inspiration photos to fun recipes to makeup looks and even gorgeous hairstyles. If you have long hair like me, I’m pretty sure you’re always looking for ways to get hair out of your face and into a pretty neat ‘do. Here are some of my favorite Pinterest hair tutorials worth trying. Some are really easy and simple while other are a bit more complicated.
- Sleek Vixen hair – here’s a really sexy upgrade for your regular ponytail. This hairstyle looks so sleek you wouldn’t expect it to be this easy. Quick tip for using bobby pins more efficiently: Make sure the wavy side is the side that goes against your scalp. This way, your bobby pin gets a better grip of your hair and secures it better.
- Topsy ponytail – another really cool twist (no pun intended) to the basic ponytail is this topsy ponytail style. The end result looks a little complicated and overwhelming but it takes less than 5 minutes of your time to complete this look.
- Red carpet rosette – this hairstyle takes a little more time and patience but it’s totally worth it. All you need are some bobby pins, a hair brush, a fine-toothed comb (if you like it clean and sleek) and some mad braiding skills. You can also have a friend do this on you if you need it quicker.
- Twisted milkmaid braid – milkmaid braids are perfect for keeping all of your hair away from your face but if you’re getting sick of the whole braided look and you want something that looks more grown up, you can try this twisted milkmaid braid instead.
- Vintage faux bob – have you ever wondered how you would look like if you had shorter hair? If you’re thinking about going shorter but aren’t quite sure, you can try going for a faux bob first. This vintage faux bob is a great way to get a glimpse of how you would look like with short hair plus it has that really classy look too.
- Chic chignon – for a simple and classic hairstyle, try recreating an old red carpet favorite: the chignon. The chignon is something that you can dress down by giving it a messier finish or dress up by polishing it up and making it real sleek.
- Half up bow – the hair bow is something that’s been really popular on Pinterest and if you haven’t tried it yet, this is the time to do it. You’re going to need to have long hair, though, and it would help if you had little to no layers to keep the bow sleek.
- Faux shaven side – want something really cool and edgy? Get in on the shaven side hair trend like Rihanna and Natalie Dormer or, if you’re not up to really shaving your hair, go for a faux shaven side like Kendall. Here’s the video that will guide you to this really cool look.