Summer is one of the most anticipated seasons for a lot of us because it’s so much more fun and the weather is just perfect for doing lots of outdoor activities. However, the warm temps also has its downsides, one of which being that it can bring about some of our biggest beauty woes. One common problem that a lot of women experience with warm weather is having to deal with unruly, frizzy hair. The warm weather and humidity in the air combined can get you looking like the Lion King a few hours after you stepped out of the house. If you constantly struggle with frizzy hair every time the weather warms up, check out our tips below on how to tame your hair when it starts to get humid.
- Go for a Brazilian blow dry – if you want a long-lasting fix for your frizzy hair problems, I would suggest going for a Brazilian blow dry. It can be a long and expensive process but it’s one of the few things that really work day in and day out when it comes to preventing frizz and keeping your hair looking sleek and tamed even during the most humid times / days. Aside from that, the natural ingredients contained in the treatment such as amino acids can make your hair healthier, too.
- Keratin treatments – if you want tame locks but don’t have much to shell out for a Brazilian blow dry, you can go for Keratin treatments instead. They’re less expensive than a Brazilian blow dry but they’re a little less convenient, too. The process takes about the same time as a Brazilian blowout but with Keratin treatment, you are not allowed to wash or style your hair for three to four days – a little inconvenient for someone who has to go out of the house every day. However, it does fix your frizzy hair problems and will leave you with smooth, polished locks for about 2 to 3 months.
- Shampoo less, condition more – shampooing cleans the hair and the scalp but doing it too often can strip the hair of its natural oils which help fight frizz. Limit your shampoo usage to once or twice a week and up your conditioner use to about 4 to 7 times a week. Conditioning helps moisturize hair and keeps frizz away. You can also do deep conditioning once a week for healthier, softer, smoother and frizz-free locks.
- Sport an updo – if you have no time to deal with frizzy hair but don’t want to leave the house with crazy hair, just sport an updo. Something as simple as a ponytail or a bun would do. Keeping your hair up conceals the frizz and gives you a neater, more polished look. You can also do braids if you want something more fun and interesting.
- Always carry emergency fixes – you never know when or where your hair will decide to just frizz up so having some taming products on hand is necessary. Hair serum and leave on conditioners are some of the most convenient products you can use to tame frizzy hair on the go so keep a bottle or two in your purse every time you leave the house.