Forget about buns, chignons and stick straight hair for a while. Now that spring is here, your hairstyles should be more fun, relaxed and a little flirty. After all, isn’t having tons and tons of fun under the sun what this season is all about? Since we’re expecting warm temps for spring, you’ll want something that will keep you cool and will keep your hair away from your face. Of course, you’ll want something that’s cute and pretty as well to go with your beautiful spring outfits. Check out these pretty hairstyles for spring and tell us which one is your favorite.
- Chic braided pigtails – while the name pigtails don’t sound that cute, the hairstyle itself actually is. This is the kind of hairstyle your momma used to do on your hair before you went to school back in the day and now, we’re giving it a more mature take. Instead of doing it high up, we’re doing low pigtails and we’re braiding the ‘tails’ too. It’s easy, it’s simple and it’s fun plus it’s the perfect go to hairstyle to go with your casual spring outfits.
- Low ponytail – so the colder fall and winter seasons were filled with sleek, avant-gard-ish high ponytails but for this season, we’re going low. Low ponytails are actually one of the biggest trends to watch out for this spring. You can wear yours as plain as you want or you can also dress it up with hair accessories like headbands, scrunchies, clips, etc. Remember not to do your ponytail too tight, this can cause damage and breakage to your hair which can lead to hair loss.
- Fishtail braid – for something simple, chic yet more decorative than just a plain ponytail, try a fishtail braid. It’s prettier than the traditional three strand braid or than the French braid and it’s quite easy to do as well. To give your fishtail a hint of a flirty vibe, pull out on the braids and make it look a little messy. Messy fishtails look amazing and they’re ideal for when you’re headed to the beach.
- Boho waves – if you’re the kind of girl who always likes to have her hair down and you want to give your tresses more of a springtime feel to them, how about doing some Boho waves? They’re natural looking, loose waves that are perfect for the beach. There are countless ways to do Boho waves including no heat ones that require you to sleep in with your head scrunched and coiled over night. If you have naturally wavy hair, just touch it up a little and add some volume to it to get that nice, crunchy look.
- Braided headband – lastly, if you’re looking for a hairstyle to wear this spring and you want something that’s just dainty and girly, try doing a braided headband. It’s really simple but it adds nice texture to your hair. You can do this on straight hair but it would look even more beautiful on wavy or even curly hair. This hairstyle is ideal if you want something soft and feminine to go with your spring dresses.