Don’t you just envy how celebrities and models always look fresh even after spending hours and hours under the spotlight? It’s like their skin never gets tired and is always glowing. Well, that’s actually one of the biggest and hottest trends with makeup for starts right now. It’s called having a ‘dewy’ look. The dewy look is all about looking as natural as possible (that means neutral eye shadows, light blush and nude or sheer lipsticks) and having a soft, radiant glow. It’s a very simple look that may seem easy to recreate but achieving just the right ‘glow’ can actually be quite a challenge. If you overdo it, you might end up having skin that looks greasy rather than dewy. Here’s a quick guide on how you, too, can achieve that super gorgeous dewy look on your skin.
- Hydrate and moisturize skin – the dewy look begins with soft and moisturized skin. Prepare your skin for the look you are about to create by slathering on a hydrating face lotion or your usual moisturizing face cream and wait for it to be fully absorbed by the skin (this usually takes anywhere between 3 to 5 minutes). If you feel like you’ve put on too much, blot the excess cream away using a tissue paper.
- Prime your skin – another step to take in preparing your skin for the dewy look you are about to create is to prime it. Use a primer along your T-zone and across the chin. You have to do this even if you don’t have oily skin because you will not be using powder later so you need something that will block any shine that might give you a greasy kind of look.
- Get a highlighting concealer – spots and scars on skin is unsightly. Make sure to cover them up with a concealer. Go for a concealer that highlights at the same time. The highlighting part will help make your skin get that healthy glow. If you aren’t sure what concealer you can use, try Maybelline’s DreamLumi Touch or the Benefit Erase Paste.
- Choose the right foundation – foundations come with a wide variety of shades and finishes. For a dewy look, you’ll want to get a foundation that matches your skin type perfectly (you may have to mix two foundations to get the perfect hue) and make sure that it has a satin finish or sheer glow formula to help you achieve a radiant look.
- Ditch powder blush and go for cream blush instead – unless it you know of a really good powder blush that can give you a satin-y finish, ditch your regular powder blush and go for cream blushes instead. They’re much easier to work with when you’re creating the dewy look plus it adds a little bit of sheen to the cheeks as well. If you can’t find yourself a cream blush, you can look into gel blushes as well. They don’t give off as much sheen as cream blushes do but at least they don’t have a matte finish.
- Finish up with lip gloss / lip stain – you don’t need a full-finish lipstick for the dewy look. Swiping on clear lip gloss is often enough but if you like to have a bit of color on your lips, you can opt for lip stains instead.