They may seem like such small detail compared to the rest of the parts of your face being done in makeup but brows are actually one of the things that can make or break your look. Achieving perfectly symmetrical brows can be quite difficult but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to do. Getting the perfect brows depends on a lot of factors like your face shape, your facial features, the look you’re going for and the like. Check out our awesome tips on how to get the perfect brows below.
- Invest in a good (and complete) brow grooming kit – your tools contribute a lot to whether you will get good results or not. Good tools also lessen the pain of plucking and the risk of getting nicks and bumps from shaving your eyebrows. The most basic tools you need to get the perfect brows are tweezers and a pair of eyebrow scissors. Getting an eyebrow comb or a spoolie would also help.
- Plot before you pluck – if you are going to pluck your eyebrows, the best way to go is to start by marking where you want your eyebrows to start, peak and end. You can mark these points using a white pencil eyeliner. Doing this will ensure that your eyebrows will frame your eyes perfectly. See picture below for a guide on how to plot your eyebrows before plucking.
- Determine the shape and thickness of your brows – another thing that you should do before you pluck, cut and shave your brows is to determine what shape you want your brows to be as well as how thick or thin you want them. Do you want your brows to have rounded ends or would you rather have them be a bit edgy and square? The thickness of your brows depends on quite a few factors but you should always go with what is most comfortable for you.
- Fill in and style – once you’ve achieved the shape and size you desire for your brows, it’s time to fill in the gaps created by sparse hair on certain areas. Use an eyebrow pencil closest to the color of your brows if you want a natural look but if you’re going for temporary bold and bushy brows, choose an eyebrow pencil that is a shade or two darker than your natural brow color. Once you’ve filled in the gaps, comb your brow upwards and apply brow gel so that your brows stay in place all day.
- Do not create brows where there are none – this is a common mistake that a lot of women make when trying to get the perfect brows. When filling in your brows with eyebrow pencil, do not draw an arc where your natural arc is not located. Also don’t extend your brows to make them look way longer than they really are. You may think they look good but others will see these ‘extended parts’ and will notice that they’re fake. Create the perfect brows by following and enhancing your natural brows instead.