There’s a reason why anti-aging products sell like hotcakes in today’s market and that is because almost everyone is looking for ways on how to preserve youthful looking skin. They invest on products that protect their skin from aging early on so that they can hold on to their beautiful skin in the future. If you, too, are looking for ways to keep your skin looking healthy and young, check out our tips on how you can retain your soft and supple skin for years to come.
- Exfoliate once a week – the key to having skin that glows is getting rid of the dead skin cells that make your skin dull. Make sure you exfoliate once a week, not only on your face but on your whole body too, and slough off those dead skin cells so that your radiant skin shines through. You don’t even have to go to the spa to get a good exfoliating session anymore because microdermabrasion kits which are the ones they use in spas are already available from drugstores, beauty supply stores and some spas. If you have sensitive skin, you might want something that’s more gentle like a night moisturizer with alpha hydroxy acids.
- Moisturize – exfoliating and moisturizing go hand in hand. The best time to slather moisturizer on to your skin is right after you exfoliate. During this time, the skin is at its best condition to let as much moisturizer penetrate and seep in to your skin for optimal results. Unlike exfoliating, though, moisturizing should be done at least twice daily: in the morning and at night. Of course, moisturizing throughout the day produces better result so keep a bottle of your moisturizer in your purse, too, or get a moisturizer that has SPF that you can use while you’re outside.
- Avoid stress – do you ever wonder why people say you’ll look older if you stress yourself out about everything? Well, it’s because when you are stressed or are under a stressful situation, your body releases hormones that damage the skin by robbing it of the nutrients it need to stay healthy and glowing.
- Live a healthy lifestyle – aside from stress, an unhealthy lifestyle can also contribute to skin again. if you want to prevent your youthful looking skin, make sure that you live a healthy lifestyle by hitting the sack early and consuming food rich in anti-oxidants such as berries. Other foods also contain components that help preserve youthful skin such as the ECGC in green tea and the omega-3 fatty acid in fish like tuna and salmon.
- Invest in good equipment – if you really are committed to preserving your youthful looking skin, you should definitely look into getting good quality tools and equipment that you can use and incorporate in your regular routine. For cleansing and moisturizing, beauty junkies swear by the Clarisonic. If you’re on a budget, you can get a SkinSonic instead. It gets the job done just the same but at a lower price although it doesn’t have other miscellaneous features like the Clarisonic that comes in handy for taking care of your skin. Also check out the Tanda Professional Skin Care System. It’s also a handheld tool that beams low-intensity infrared waves to the skin to help firm it up.