Wrinkles are one of the biggest telltale signs of aging and with so many women wanting to conceal and defy aging, no one would want to have wrinkles on their face or any other part of the body. There are so many beauty creams, gels and serums out there that promise to protect you from wrinkles but they can be quite heavy on the pocket, especially the good ones that really work. if you’re looking for a more affordable way to fight wrinkles, check out our tips below on how to reduce and prevent wrinkles so you can keep your skin looking young and fresh all the time.
- Avoid the sun – avoid being under the sun too much. One of the major causes of wrinkles is prolonged sun exposure. The sun’s harmful UV rays cause damage to the skin and constant and prolonged exposure to it can lead to the development of wrinkles. If you must bask in the sun’s glory, make sure you’re always protected. Carrying an umbrella at all times and wearing sun glasses provide you protection from the sun.
- Use sunscreen everyday – if you think you only need sunscreen for the beach, you’re wrong. If you want to prevent wrinkles from developing on your skin, you should use sunscreen everyday regardless of whether you’ll be out in the sun all day or not. Use a broad spectrum sunscreen to get great coverage.
- Have your car’s windows tinted – you may think you’re safe from the sun while you’re inside your vehicle but the truth is that you’re still at risk for developing wrinkles. If you spend hours inside your vehicle each day, the UVA rays from the sun will have ample time to penetrate your car windows and get to your skin and as we know, exposure to UVA rays can cause wrinkles. Tinted windows can help block UVA rays from penetrating your windows so you might want to consider investing in them.
- Stay hydrated – wrinkles already starting to develop on your skin? Now you know you should’ve take those preventive measures. But, don’t worry, there are many ways you can conceal wrinkles that already exist and one of the easiest and cheapest way is to keep yourself hydrated. By doing this, your skin stays soft, supple and plump, making wrinkles less noticeable.
- Sleep – if you’ve always had the habit of staying up all night, chances are that you already have wrinkles starting to develop around your face. if not, you’re at higher risk of developing this aging sign earlier than your buddies who sleep through the night. This is because collagen, the protein that helps boost skin cells to keep them, plump and elastic, is manufactured by your body overnight while you sleep and staying up all night makes it harder for your body to produce collagen and do proper skin cell production. Get enough sleep at night every time you get the chance. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or whatever it is that keeps you up at night can wait ‘til the morning.