Bold brows are one of the hottest beauty trends for the season and it definitely isn’t for the faint of heart. Rocking bold brows take more than just a magnificent brow kit; it also requires confidence to rock this bold trend. You’ll see a lot of celebs and models rock the bold brow trend on the red carpet as well as in print ads and they just seem to make it look so effortlessly beautiful while we struggle to find the perfect bold brow style ourselves. To us who are still trying to figure out this look, there’s a very thin line between nailing the trend to the T and looking like Ugly Betty. If you’re dying to know how you, too, can look gorgeous with bold brows, check out these tips on how to rock the bold brow look.
- Groom your brows – there’s a huge difference between having bold brows and just plain neglected brows. One of the things that make models and celebs look so good with bold brows is that they’re able to maintain and groom their brows, making them look neat and bold at the same time. That’s the look you’ll want to achieve, not just a pair of disheveled brows that look like they’ve been forgotten about. Pluck any strand that stands out of place and use a pencil liner to shape your brows to make sure they look polished.
- Match your brow and hair color – they don’t have to be exactly the same shade, that can be a bit of a challenge to achieve if you’ve dyed your hair a different color but at least try to make sure that your brows and your hair are no more than 2 to 3 shades apart so that your bold brows look natural and not ‘forced’ and random.
- Consider your facial features – how bold you can go with your brows depends on your facial features. in general, women with gentler and softer facial features can rock bolder brows that those who have stronger facial features. However, many other things can factor in on these, including the kind of look you’re actually going for / trying to achieve. For example, if you’re trying to achieve a really strong and fierce look, you can wear your brows bolder than you usually would, even when you have very strong facial features.
- Keep the rest of your makeup simple – bold brows can be very loud beauty statement makers so it’s important to keep the rest of your makeup simple when sporting this trend. Use lighter products and keep the use of other products, especially those that add color and / texture, to a minimum. This is to ensure that you won’t end up looking like you’re trying too hard.
- Don’t go overboard – lastly, if you want to rock the bold brow trend like a pro, make sure you don’t go overboard with it. One common misconception about the bold brows is that it has to be thick and bushy to be considered bold but that’s not always the case. Sometimes, bold brows could be as simple as going a shade or two darker than your natural brow color through the use of eyebrow shadow and pencil.