If you’re someone who likes the ease of dressing up in cute outfits for summer and spring, the coming of fall and winter can really bum you out because bright floral dresses turn to boring and drab jackets and coats. However, being stylish for winter doesn’t need to be so difficult. Take a look at these inspirational celebrity winter looks and see how you can look fab during this cold season without sacrificing comfort.
- Black and white – black and white has long been a winter staple and if you’re still not convinced that this color combination will be as stylish as cute bright pinks and yellows from summer and spring, let Alexa Chung and Jessica Alba show you how you can rock this color combo in style.
- A pop of color – so we all know black and other dark hues dominate the winter season when it comes to fashion but why not spread some cheer and don on a bright yellow coat like Olivia Palermo? If you find that a bit overwhelming, then how about surprising sexy chunky red heels on your shoes and a nice bright orange clutch to liven up those blacks and grays? It’s a refreshing break from all the deep and dark colors that we’re seeing load of this winter plus it’s Olivia Palermo inspired! I mean, come on, who doesn’t love her style?
- Maxi dresses – maxi dresses for winter? Yes please! Take inspiration from the queen of fabulousness, Rachel Zoe, and put on that maxi dress you’ve missed so much from seasons past. In these pictures she shows us two things we never thought were possible: wearing a maxi dress in winter and wearing a maxi dress if you’re petite and she does so with so much glam, too! Make sure to finish off with a warm jacket on top to keep yourself cozy. You can also go for long sleeved maxi dresses if you are not a fan of layering.
- Fur – if you really want to look like a celebrity, and an a-list celebrity at that, wear fur. You can never go wrong with fur for winter. It’s warm, it’s chic and it’s very glamorous. It gives you a sophisticated and elegant look, too! See how Leigh Lezark and Liberty Ross wear their fur for winter in the pictures below.
- Mini skirt and leggings – hold your horses and don’t stash away those miniskirts from summer just yet! You can still wear miniskirts this winter as long as you wear tights or leggings underneath to keep your legs from freezing. Wearing thigh high or even just knee high boots would help heaps in keeping you warm, too. Take it from Christine Centenera.
- Printed coat – how does getting the best of both worlds sound to you? Amazing, right? In this picture Jennifer Lopez shows you how you can get the best of both worlds: simple and casual underneath with a white sweater and jeans and fun and funky on top with a cool plaid coat. This outfit is nothing short of stunning.