Smokey eyes can make you look glamorous and mysterious. This look can often be seen on celebrities and models all around the world. If you want to go for this classic look, here are the steps on how to do smoky eyes.
Here you will find a perfect tutorial on how to do a smokey eye makeup:
1. Apply primer or eye shadow base on your eyelids and let it dry. By applying a primer, you can keep your eyelids free from oil, which can dissolve your eye shadow after several hours. For best results, try Urban Decay Eye shadow Primer Potion, Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials, or Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which are considered the top 3 eye shadow primers in the market today.
2. Apply eyeliner. For the best smoky effect, apply gray, black, or brown eyeliner on your upper lash. Remember to apply a thicker coat on the middle part of the last. If you want unconventional smoky eyes, use deep green, purple, or blue eyeliner.Try any of the renowned pencil eyeliner brands, such as MAC, Chanel or Laura Mercier.
3 .Apply eyeliner on your bottom lashes. Once you have applied this makeup, smudge it with your finger. Smudge some eye shadow on the bottom lashes to get the perfect smoky eye effect.
4. Apply a light-colored eye shadow on your eyelids, spanning across the brow bone. Contrasting the eye shadow colors will give your eyes a great smoked appearance.
- 5. Apply dark-colored eye shadow on just the lower part of your lids. With your eye shadow brush, apply color on your lash line, working your way up. Apply the color in such a way that the eyeliner color blends in your eyelids. Avoid applying the dark-colored eye shadow on the lower lid crease. If you have blue eyes, opt for dark blue, purple, or grey shades. Purple, green and dark khaki work well for hazel eyes. Brown, copper, coffee and grey are the best shades for women with brown eyes.
6.Check your eyes in the mirror. Make adjustments with a cotton bud as needed.
7. Apply a few coats of mascara on your eyelashes after curling them up. Spread the mascara in such a way that your lashes look dark and thick. Complete your look with Dior Diorshow Mascara or the Chanel Inimitable Mascara. For a cheaper alternative, try Lancôme’s Naturally Glossy mascara.
Beautiful dark green eye makeup
Milticolored smokey eye makeup for brown eyes
Purple smokey eye
See, achieving smokey eyes is very easy. If you want to look glamorous with your smoked eyes for any occasion, make sure to follow these steps religiously.