We always see tips on how to look great so you can party after a long day at work but what about those who do the graveyard shift? How about women who party before they go to work? it doesn’t always happen but when it does, wouldn’t you love to just go straight from the party to work without having to re-do your whole makeup look? It’s tricky but it sure can be done. Check out these tips on how to look fresh after a full night of partying and see how you can leave the party for work looking just as fresh as when you came.
- Wash, exfoliate and moisturize – all these three are essential things to do before you put your makeup on if you want it to last all night. Makeup goes on and adhered better to clean and soft skin so make sure you start with a fresh clean face. if you haven’t got much time on your hands to do all three, you can resort to just using makeup remover wipes as an alternative but, we’ll be honest, nothing beats a freshly washed face.
- Prime it – using primer is another way to make your makeup last after a full night of partying. Apply face primer before you apply foundation or concealer to get long lasting makeup that looks smooth and flawless. For the eyes, use an eye shadow primer before doing the eye makeup look of your choice so that your eye makeup doesn’t crease and smudge. If you want your lipstick to last all night but don’t have one with a long-lasting formula, you can prime your lips with lip primer or dab a bit of foundation all over the lips before applying lipstick as an alternative.
- Check the labels – when choosing products to wear for a long night of partying followed by a graveyard shift at work, read the labels and choose those that are oil-free as these are the products that tend to last the longest. One other thing you can look for in products that you’ll be wearing for a long night is if it’s labeled ‘long-lasting’, ‘long-wearing’ and ‘waterproof’. When used correctly, these products stay on anywhere from 8 to 24 hours so you wouldn’t have to worry about do overs.
- Lock it in – after you’re done doing your makeup, use setting powder to help your makeup set and stay in place. You can also use a finishing spray / mist to lock in your makeup and make it last longer on your face. for the lips, products such as the Lip Cote seals your lipstick in so it doesn’t smudge, bleed or transfer, even when it isn’t waterproof and smudge-proof.
- Blot occasionally – if you have oily or oily combination skin, keeping your makeup in place can be a bit more difficult but if you want to keep your makeup looking fresh all night until the morning, make sure you have blotting paper on hand to blot occasionally on your problem areas. Keeping oil at bay can help your makeup stay put and look fresh for longer.