There’s no doubt that soft and sexy lips make for an irresistibly kissable pout and it’s every woman’s dream to have just that. Unfortunately, though, not all of us have naturally kissable lips. But, don’t feel sad just yet. There are ways to make your lips more kissable and most of these are easy to do. Kissable are plump, soft and supple. They’re very sexy and captivating to look at and feel. If you want to know how you can achieve a pretty pucker, here are some quick tips on how to get kissable lips.
- Exfoliate gently – dry, rough and chapped lips are in no way attractive and captivating, much less kissable. Make sure that you exfoliate your lips regularly to get rid of the dead skin cells on it that’s causing all the dryness and the roughness on it. Cold weather is a major culprit for dry chapped lips, too, so make sure that you exfoliate a bit more on colder days. Use sugar scrub on your lips for gentle but thorough exfoliation. Simply combine sugar, honey and a bit of coconut oil in a small container until it reaches a thick paste-like consistency. Apply the mixture on to your lips and use an old toothbrush to rub your lips with in small circular motions.
- Steer clear of cigarettes – if you’re a smoker, you’ll have a harder time getting kissable lips than those who don’t smoke. First of all, the smell of cigarettes on your breath can be off putting and secondly, smoking causes vertical lip lines and wrinkles around the mouth area because of the sucking motion you do when you smoke. If you want to get sexy, kissable lips, stop smoking.
- Hydrate – keeping yourself and your lips well hydrated takes you one step closer to getting a perfectly pretty pout. Drink as much water as you can during the day. If the old ‘8 glasses of water a day’ doesn’t see enough for you, drink more. Follow your thirst and drink as much fluids throughout the day to keep you hydrated. And don’t forget to hydrate your lips, too, by applying lip balms that contain moistening ingredients like shea butter and coconut oil.
- Plump up – if your lips are naturally thin, don’t lose hope! There are plenty of ways to get plump and succulent-looking lips. Your first option to get plump lips is to use cosmetic lip plumpers. They’re specially formulated to slightly irritate your lips and make them swell a little to get that full look. If you want a more natural way to plump up your lips, give home remedies a try. Check out these natural lip plumper recipes here.
- Bring on the color – the last step to making your lips more kissable is to paint them a color no man could resist. Red seems to work best for this and it’s a universally flattering color, too, so no problem pulling it off. Go for lipsticks that are highly pigmented so that they leave a slight stain on your lips even when the color rubs off. You can also choose those smudge-proof, kiss-proof lipsticks that stay on no matter what you do with your lips.