When it comes to makeup and other beauty products, there’s always a constant battle between drugstore brands and high end brands. Back in the day, drugstore beauty products have had a bad rap because of the huge gap between its quality and that of higher end beauty products. Today, though, you’ll hear endless raves about lots of drugstore beauty products from beauty gurus and enthusiasts. Drugstore brands are catching up to the quality of higher end products. Some come really close while others are really up to par with high end beauty goodies. If you’re someone who’s obsessed with makeup and other beauty products, you should definitely try going for lower end drugstore brands some time. Here are some reasons why you would love drugstore beauty products.
- They’re a lot cheaper – price is one of the biggest factors you can use for comparison when looking at drugstore beauty products vs. high end beauty products. You’ll notice that there’s a huge difference between the two. Most drugstore beauty products are about 30% to 70% cheaper compared to high end ones. This makes drugstore beauty products much more practical to buy and use when you’re on a tight budget or when you want to try out new products or trends.
- They’re easily and conveniently available – one thing that I really like about drugstore beauty products is the fact that you can get them almost anywhere there is a drugstore, no matter which city or state or even country you are in. Unlike higher end products which can only be availed from specialty beauty stores and counters like Sephora, Ulta and other department stores, you can get drugstore beauty products almost anywhere so it’s convenient when you unexpectedly run out at the most inopportune time.
- They’re almost always up for bargains and deals – if you’re a beauty junkie, you know what treasures lie in clearance sales, bargains and other makeup and beauty deals. With high end products, the best deal you can expect is a small discount or a freebie with bulk purchases or with the points you’ve earned with your store card but with drugstore beauty products, you can get a lot of great deals that include huge price markdowns, buy one get one deals, clearance sales and more. Plus, drugstore beauty products are almost always on sale so you get a better chance at stocking up (or hoarding, if you will) and discovering potential new faves without breaking the bank.
- They’re made with amazing quality – as mentioned earlier, drugstore beauty products have had a bad rap in the past because of the inferior quality they offered but today you’ll notice that the quality of drugstore beauty products have greatly improved. Some brands offer products that are organic, vegetarian, cruelty-free, hypo-allergenic and all-natural all at a much lower price. There are also lots of good quality drugstore brands that have products specially formulated for women who have skin issues like dry skin, acne-prone skin, sensitive skin and more.
- Drugstores have awesome return policies for their beauty products – one of the major drawbacks of high end beauty products is that most specialty beauty stores, malls and department stores don’t accept returns if the product has been opened and used but that’s no problem for drugstore beauty goodies. Whether the foundation you picked up isn’t your shade or you simply bought one too many products, you can rest assured that you can always return those that won’t be of any use to you.