Even though spring is still plenty of days away, we’re definitely spotting a lot of women already starting to sport hot spring makeup trends. The catwalk at the spring fashion week was filled with fun, bright and lively colors that we’re now beginning to see on the streets. These trends evoke the crisp, fresh vibe of spring. Makeup trends for this year’s spring are super pretty and feminine and they’re practical and wearable too. Curious about these yet? Let’s take a look at the hottest spring 2014 makeup trends.
- Bright orange lipstick – say goodbye to deep, dark and warm colors from winter and hello to bight and vibrant hues for spring! Bright orange lipstick was one of the biggest makeup trends from the spring fashion week runways with models wearing all kinds of different shades this citrusy tint has to offer. Spotted on models from Donna Karan, Prabal Gurung, Rag& Bone, Christian Dior and Nanette Lepore, this color is definitely a must have for your spring makeup arsenal. It’s perfect for that pop of color you want on days when you have on a plain outfit. Plus, it’s surprisingly versatile too and looks flattering on all skin tones.
- Top and bottom falsies – the doe-eyed look is back this spring and one of the best ways to achieve that look straight from the runway is by wearing false top and bottom lashes. Doing this may take a while, especially if you’re using individual lashes so if you plan on pulling off this look, we suggest you do your makeup ahead of time, earlier than usual.
- “Barely there’ makeup look – spring is all about freshness and that’s exactly how models from the spring fashion week runway looked like in their ‘barely there’ makeup look. This look is great if you want something simple, easy and flawless. The key to successfully pulling it off, of course, lies in your use of moisturizer (for smooth, supple skin) and concealer (to hide blemishes and spots. Unless you have skin issues that require full coverage, it looks like you can tuck away your foundations for a while and replace them with BB creams or tinted moisturizers instead.
- Pastel lids – soft pastel colors are the perfect hues to use if you want to bring out your girly side and this spring, pastel colored lids are in. Choose a pastel color that complements your skin the most (all you need is one color) and paint it on all over your lids for that cute but fierce and fashion forward effect.
- Living in liner – black eyeliner isn’t exactly a new trend but this spring, you can expect to see a lot of bare faces with sultry smudges, not only on the streets but on the runway as well. Models from fashion houses like Versace, BluGirl, Jonathan Saunders and Just Cavalli walked down the spring fashion week runway almost bare faced with nude lips and sexy, sultry eyes made with smudged eyeliner on both the top and bottom lashlines. This makes for a great everyday ‘lazy yet sexy’ look.