Tattoos are a great way to express yourself and your style. Not everyone may approve of it but as long as you are comfortable with getting your body inked, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t get one. If you’re a first timer, you may want to start with something small. Something that will somehow give you a good feel of what it would be like, in case you decide to get more in the future and perhaps something subtle and dainty that wouldn’t show too obviously. Here are some of the most popular choices for small tattoos for girls and what they usually symbolize.
- Butterfly – a dainty little butterfly is one of the most popular choices among girls. Most women get butterflies for their first tattoos because this design is very cute and girly. Butterflies often symbolize beauty but to some, it can also symbolize freedom.
- One word tattoos – one word tattoos are also quickly becoming a popular choice among girls. One word tattoos are great if you want something to motivate you or to remind you of something. Popular words getting inked on girls include ‘love’, ‘freedom’, ‘dream’ and ‘believe’.
- Anchor – anchor tattoos are a great way to honor loved ones at sea. Whether your loved one is a sailor, a seaman or a mariner, a small anchor tattoo in their honor would surely be greatly appreciated. Some also get anchor tattoos to symbolize a dominating and unchanging personality.
- Single letter tattoo –a single letter tattoo is one of the most personal tattoos you can get. It could be the initial of your first name or your family name or the name of a loved one. The font depends on you and what you would like the tattoo to represent.
- Star – star tattoos often represent your dreams and your goals. You can get a single star tattoo or you can also have your design done as a cluster of a bunch of little stars in different sizes and styles or a star tattoo with other details.
- Musical symbols – women who have musical symbols such as notes say that they had their tattoos done to symbolize their love for music so if you’re a music lover too, this would be a good tattoo idea.
- Infinity symbol – this design is usually popular with couples but you can get this even if you’re single. This design can symbolize belief in ‘happily ever after’.