Valentine’s Day is just right around the corner and whether or not you have a man to celebrate it with, make sure you don’t forget to show your girl friends some love on that special day as well. And while flowers, chocolates and teddy bears may all seem sweet, I think we all know that your girls will appreciate beauty-related gifts more. They last longer than flowers, not fattening like chocolates and way more useful than teddies, after all. Here are some thoughtful beauty-related Valentines gift ideas for your gal pals.
- PAMPERED PRINCESS – let your friend treat herself to a spa-like experience at home by giving her a pamper kit that she could get started on like this one from Jo Malone which includes everything from body crème to candle or this one by Sonia Kashuk which features a full bath and body collection in one set.
- SCENT SWEETIE – it’s the gift that keeps on giving! Choose a scent that you think would smell great on your friend but she wouldn’t pick up for herself. If you’re not sure about the scent to get her, you can always get her a perfume set of minis like this Tocca set or this Victoria’s Secret perfume gift set.
- YOU NAILED IT – planning a girls’ night in on Valentine’s Day instead of going out with your beaus? Make it a fun one by including activities like mani-pedis and nail art designing. Before you get at it, go ahead and grab a bottle or two of nail polish / nail lacquer that you think your friend will really like, put them in a cute package and give it to her. You’ll both have lots of fun trying the new colors out, for sure. Here are some of the colors we suggest.
- APPLE OF THE EYE – got a gal pal who’s into makeup? Help her build her collection of eye shadows by giving her an eye shadow palette this Valentine’s Day. Depending on your budget, you can get duos, trios, quads or you can get her this Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Palette which is way better than real chocolate, if you ask me.
- PUCKER UP, PARTNER! – just because you’re having a little Ladies’ Valentine’s Day date doesn’t mean you won’t be celebrating the day with your guys afterwards, right? Give your girl friend something to make her lips kiss-ready like a lip balm or a sexy lip color that she can wear to date night with her man. Try the cult favorite C.O Bigelow Rose Salve for a tried and tested lip gift for girls who have dry lips or these gorgeous reds for the gal who loves a statement lip.