Vaseline is one of those products that everyone in your family has used, whether it be as part of a home remedy for something, for beauty purposes or for other quick fixes. It’s been around for such a long time now that it has become not just a vanity table must have but an all around household staple as well. For those of you ladies out there who are looking for products that do more than just one thing a.k.a multitasking products, Vaseline is perfect for you. One jar can do so much for you, especially when it comes to beauty. To prove that, here are some really cool ways to use Vaseline in your beauty routine.
- Lip moisturizer – dry and chappy lips don’t only happen in the winter. Some of us have to battle with this beauty woe all year round and one really cheap and easy solution to that is to use Vaseline as your lip moisturizer. Just take a bit of the product and apply on lips as often as needed.
- DIY lip color – got an eye shadow in a color you’d love to put on your lips? Scrape a bit of the shadow and mix it with a little Vaseline for a quick DIY lip color. This is great, too, if you need a color that you’ll only be using once (for costumes and whatnot) for your lips like blue, yellow, green and others.
- Eye shadow base – if you need your matte eye shadows to look dewier and more sheen, you can use Vaseline as an eye shadow base on your lids to help matte shadows get the look you want. Aside from making your eye shadow look dewy and sheen, it also helps keep it in place all day, much like an eye shadow primer.
- Eyebrow gel – got full but unruly eyebrows? If you don’t want to spend so much money on eyebrow kits, you can also use Vaseline as an eyebrow gel to keep your brows in place all day. You can do this trick even on top of your regular brow products.
- Dewy makeup base – want to get that dewy look but don’t have much time for doing it ‘the proper way’? Here’s a really quick way to fake it: put a bit of Vaseline all over your face and top it off with sheer coverage foundation. Be careful not to put too much Vaseline, though. You don’t want to end up with a greasy-looking face.
- Gel substitute – out of styling gel but want to sport that ultra tight and sleek updo? You don’t have to run to the nearest Wal-Mart to get some gel, you can use Vaseline instead. Go ahead and do that updo and slather some Vaseline on to smooth out any hair that’s sticking out.
- Makeup remover – Vaseline makes a great makeup remover, too! It gets even the most stubborn waterproof mascara off. Just put some Vaseline on to a cotton pad and start rubbing to get all the products off. Wipe your face with a tissue afterwards and rinse with warm water.