Aside from their talent, one other reason why celebrities a lot of us want to be in their shoes is because of their smashing looks. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to experience the glamorous life of the stars for at least one day? Celebrities live a very abundant life. They do everything to keep themselves ‘desirable’ by the public and the media’s standards and that include insuring the body parts that make them famous. It may sound too over-the-top for most of us but, hey, wouldn’t you protect your assets too if you could? Check out this list of celebs who have insured body parts and see which ones they had covered.
- Mariah Carey – of course you’ve heard about this. It was all over the news when the diva went public about having her legs insured. Some called it crazy saying that if she had to insure something, she should have insured her voice since it is what makes her so famous while others called it a wise move. Mariah had her legs insured back in 2006 for a whopping $1 billion after she became the face of Gilette’s campaign called ‘Legs of a Goddess’
- Heidi Klum – another celebrity who decided to have her legs insured is supermodel and Project Runway host Heidi Klum. Unlike Mariah, Heidi has her legs insured at a more modest price (right leg $2.2 million, left leg $1.2 million). Klum had her legs examined while in London before she had them insured and that’s where she found out that one leg, because of a tiny scar she got from falling on glass, was worth less than the other.
- Julia Roberts – if there’s one thing one can’t help but notice about Julia Roberts, it would be her captivating smile and her infectious laugh. This must be the reason why she was chosen to play the lead role in the blockbuster movie Mona Lisa Smile. Roberts’ smile is insured by Lloyd’s of London for the colossal price of $30 million.
- Rihanna – after Mariah Carey, Rihanna was named the face of Gilette’s “Legs of a Goddess” campaign. This time, Gilette shouldered all of the expenses for getting an insurance policy for the singer’s legs. Rihanna’s legs are insured for $1million, an eminently meager amount compared to her predecessor. Still, knowing that you have a million dollars to fall back on in case anything happens to your legs is a good deal.
- Jennifer Lopez – she may claim to still be Jenny from the block but we’re not so sure that Jenny had her behind insured back then. Jennifer Lopez has the body that any woman would dream of and die for. She has curves in all the right places and her hips move seductively with ever dance move she busts out. Aside from that, her butt is super tight, too, which must be why she had them insured for $27 million.
Would you have any of your body parts insured if you had the means to do it?