I don’t know about you but I’ve had my eyes set on Lauren Conrad the first time I saw her on the reality TV show Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County. I mean, sure her style wasn’t as stunning as it is now but you can’t deny that she had the eye for fashion even back then. After Lauren was done with her stint on Laguna Beach, Lauren decided to move to Los Angeles where she pursued her education in fashion and also started her own spin-off series called The Hills. If you like Lauren Conrad’s style as much as I do, I’m sure you’re wondering how you can copy it. Fret not because we’ve got you covered. Check out our tips on how to copy Lauren Conrad’s style below.
- Wear minimal prints – though the print on print trend was a big hit for a lot of other fashionistas and celebs, Lauren Conrad chose to stick to her style and deviate from it. Lauren’s outfits often consist of plain solid colors (most of the time a bright color anchored to neutrals) but she does wear prints sometimes and when she does, she wears them very minimally. Prints are also often paired with neutral pieces in Lauren’s outfits. If you aren’t comfortable with wearing prints on your clothes, you can do so with your accessories instead.
- Cinch your waist with a belt – this is one thing that Lauren Conrad likes to do when she wears dresses or oversized tops. Cinching your waist with a belt is a great way to accentuate the sexy curves on your waist if you have an hourglass figure and to create the illusion of an hourglass figure if you don’t have one. It’s also a cute way to add that girly vibe to any outfit.
- Sport different braids – 90% of the time, Lauren has her hair done in braids – all different kinds of them. Somehow, she’s able to pull off those school girl kinds of braids and give them a sophisticated look. You can get Lauren Conrad’s style by experimenting with different braid styles from small and subtle side braids to a full French braid of a fishtail braid. It’s one of the easiest things you can do to up your hairstyle game and add a girly vibe to your whole look too.
- Loose tops and skinnies make for the most chic outfits – Lauren Conrad isn’t known for wearing body hugging skintight clothes and we love her for that. Her style is always chic, classy and softly feminine. You can achieve the same look that Lauren sports by wearing skinny bottoms with loose fitting tops. Make sure your tops aren’t too big or loose, though, otherwise you might end up looking bigger.
- Wear dressy shorts – even when she pulls off a casual outfit, Lauren Conrad always finds a way to make it very classy and elegant. To pull off the same look, choose to wear dressy shorts with casual tops instead of wearing the regular denim shorts that are distressed or ripped. Wearing your dressy shorts with a pair of girly flats or heels will also give your look that Lauren Conrad vibe.