If you’re someone who loves craft and enjoys making DIY projects, you should definitely look into investing on a complete DIY tool kit if you haven’t already. By doing so, you’re sure to have everything you need any time you need to start a new project or craft. A DIY tool kit is especially important if you do crafts and DIYs not just for personal use but for business purposes as well. in case you’re wondering about getting a DIY tool kit but aren’t quite sure yet what to put in it, here’s a list of DIY tool kit must haves that you can use as a guide.
- Scissors – this is the most important thing to have in your DIY tool kit. Whether you do DIYs and crafts on paper or fabric, as scissor will always come in handy when you need to cut something. Make sure to invest in a good pair of sharp scissors to avoid accidents and to get the best results. Also, don’t limit your tool kit to having just one scissor in it. You can have different pairs of scissors to use for different crafts. This way, your scissor blades remain sharp for a longer period of time.
- Craft glue – this one is a real life saver for those who like crafts but don’t know how to sew. Craft glue can be used on just about any surface including paper, wood, metal and even fabric. If you really don’t know how to sew but would like to take on more fabric crafts, get the strong hold kind. It dries much quicker than the regular one and holds better, too.
- Measuring tools – these tools are important for those crafts that need accurate measurements. For fabric crafts, you need a measuring tape. For paper and other kinds of crafts, you can measure dimensions using a ruler. This is especially useful if you’re someone who likes to DIY clothes a lot.
- Craft cutter – there are just some materials that scissors can’t cut and for those, you’ll need a craft cutter or a craft blade. Craft cutters can cut on thicker chunks of material like cardboard and foam. It also makes more precise incisions compared to scissors.
- Markers – another must have in your DIY tool kit are markers. You’ll need these when you’re taking on crafts and DIY projects that include planning and rough drafts. Choose markers that will leave washable marks like chalk and pencil. This way, you won’t have unsightly lines and dots on the finished product.
- Sewing kit – even if you don’t have a knack for sewing, having the basics of a sewing kit will really come in handy for those fabric crafts and DIYs you have in mind. Sewing isn’t really difficult. it just seems like it is because the work is tedious, especially when done by hand.
- Decorative bits and pieces – these are just the little things you can stick to your final DIY products to make them look more vibrant and interesting. Decorative bits and pieces can include anything you would consider as a good ornament for your projects like washi tapes, fabric rosettes, colorful beads, faux crystals and the like.