Sometimes, you get so used to the way your room looks that you actually tend to get tired of it. I don’t blame you, I’m one of those people who get a bit of my motivation to keep going on a daily basis from my environment and surroundings too and seeing the same stuff and the same set up can really bore you and dull your brain. Giving your room a makeover is always a great idea to spruce up your room and give it a fresh new look. Some people endure a boring room just because they think that a room makeover can break the bank. Well, if you’re one of those people, read on below and see how you can spruce up your room within budget.
- Re-arrange your furniture – sometimes, all you need to do to give your room a fresh new vibe is to move things around. Pull the bed closer to the window, move your vanity from one corner to the other, re-arrange the decorations sitting on your shelves – these are things that you can do to make your room look a bit different. Moving furniture around your room and changing the layout is basically giving your room a free makeover.
- Clean up and de-clutter – you know what makes a room look and feel uncomfortable? Clutter. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be junk that’s cluttering your room. It could be useful items that just don’t have a home yet. To make your room look much bigger, cleaning up and de-cluttering is a must. Get rid of items that you no longer use to make space for the new ones you have lying around. Having a proper place for all your things will surely make your room look neater and better.
- Paint the walls a different color – the color on your walls create a major impact on your room and the way you see it. giving your room a fresh coat of new paint color will surely have you feeling like living in a fresh new room all over again. You don’t need to go for bold colors to get that ‘oomph’ in your room. Light colors are great for bedroom walls because they’re relaxing and they make your room more conducive for sleep.
- Add an accent wall – instead of hanging and sticking gazillions of frames and posters on your wall to keep it from looking blank and boring, turn that wall into an accent wall instead. An accent wall is one side of your wall painted in a different color or with a different pattern. It’s a great way to dress up a blank wall without having it look like a wall of fame.
- Glam up your window – you may not have noticed it but your curtain drapes are looking duller by the day because of the dust they accumulate. Give your room a subtle new look every week or two by changing your curtains / drapes often. Or, why not go for blinds instead? They’re much easier to clean and they lend any space an instant modern and sophisticated vibe.