A few years ago, wearing a coordinates meant that you lack creativity and imagination. Co-ords could be associated to your grandma’s closet along with Birkenstocks and vintage dresses. But during the late 2014 and throughout 2015 celebrities, fashion bloggers, designers and street style muses alike have been itching to grab the perfect matching set they could find. Our grandmothers have become one of the most wonderful inspiration to the modern fashion and we’re all game with it.
Sure, matching sets would make you think of the fearful idea that you’d have exactly the same outfit as someone else. There is very small room for creativity but the room is there. And a little personal touch is significant to the entirety of your outfit. Also, so long as wear tailored lines and subtle patterns, you can wear co-ords without looking too matchy matchy. Instead, the result is a chic and classy silhouette that is flattering to anyone.
Here are 14 outfit ideas on wearing coordinate outfits.
- Go for a classic black and white print that has a neat pattern and pair it with neutral accessories for full harmony or bold bright ones that will stand out of the outfit.
- Add a little preppiness to your plain matching sets by wearing one with a collared top. Preferably, go for a white collar and the outfit in a darker shade like dark gray or blue.
- Take the minimalist route with a white co-ords that has a sheer overlay and pair the outfit with black and white accessories.
- If you’ll be going for a checked co-ords, don’t take plaid. Instead, get its cleaner cousin: the window check. They’re great for either casual events or for work and more forgiving as a matching set pattern.
- Make those plain coordinates more fun looking by incorporating some fun and bulky accessories such as statement necklaces and bold-colored clutch.
- An easy and flirty summer outfit for the beach would be a floral printed matching set composed of a waist-tied crop top and mini skirt.
- Not ready for too bizarre prints but ready to be bold? Go for a bold-colored plain coordinates. And you always have the option to quiet it down with a neutral garment.
- For a subtly flirty yet very cute first date outfit, channel Taylor Swift in a plain pastel coordinates paired with nude heels and bag. You might find your own Calvin Harris, y’know.
- If your going for a matching set with a boxy shape such as the one below, make sure that it doesn’t reach your knees else it’ll cramp up your silhouette. Mid-thigh is the ideal length.
- For a coordinate outfit that is as bold as this, it’s imperative to leave your accessories neutral. We want the attention to the co-ords itself.
- Or you can get an already color blocked set in bold, pastel and neutral colors if you’re in the mood for something fun. Choose an outfit with the darker shades around your middle for curve emphasis.
- For any formal or semi-formal event such as brunch, you can opt for a feminine and classy piece with a lace coordinates composed of crop top and high waist flowing skirt.
- Brighten up the workplace during a work-related party without loosing the cool office lady vibe by wearing a bright-colored pantsuit.
- You can also opt the Bohemian route and wear a lightweight cotton crop top and matching maxi skirt. And when you’re out on the streets, make the outfit more street style-friendly with a basic trench coat.