Knits are not the first thing that comes to mind when one is choosing for what to wear during summer. In fact, it’s the opposite. It is common knowledge that knits are worn during the winter. It keeps us warm and comfortable against the blistering cold. So the idea of knits being worn during the warmer seasons, particularly summer, is a surprise. And a delightful surprise at that because, yes ladies, you can wear knits during the summer.
But before plunging in, you need to take note of these three important things. First, avoid the thick kind of knits. They are heavy and uncomfortable during the hot weather. Choose knitted garments that are made of lightweight material instead. Secondly, you usually only need just one knitted garment for your outfit. One would suffice in giving the texture and statement that your ensemble needs. So if you’re using more than one knitted piece, opt for a one color only. Last but not the least, you need to know how to incorporate your knits to your summer wardrobe. And that’s where I come in.
Here are 18 gorgeous outfit ideas on wearing knits in summer.
- Wear a knitted top over a printed a-line skirt to create a chic and modern illusion of tunic
- Get preppy by wearing a knitted top with a pleated skirt and sneaker
- Knitted shirt and sweatpants would definitely be a comfy outfit
- Create an all-out textured look with knits and tulle
- A knitted jogger pants would be an ideal athleisure outfit but you can dress it up by keeping the ensemble monochromatic and slipping a pair of heels instead of running shoes
- Make your house outfit of knitted sweatpants and tee into a wearable casual outfit by slipping a blazer and heels
- Achieve an easy summer street style look with a knitted top, shorts and loafers
- A loose oversized knitted top paired with a tailored pencil skirt is the perfect business casual outfit
- Turn those knitted short suits into a chic street style outfit by accessorizing them with sleek black shoes and crossover bag
- Dress down that fancy knitted dress with a pair of white sneakers
- Amp up the knitted tunic-and-pants suit with a killer heels and dressy chained purse
- Feel comfortable and look work-appropriate at the same time by pairing a gray knitted pants with earth-toned pieces
- A collared shirt underneath a knit dress and knee-high socks make a cute and preppy ensemble
- Show your curves with a form-fitting striped knitted dress
- Let out your inner bohemian this summer with a breezy and light knitted maxi dress
- Take the modern street style chic look with a knit dress in a contemporary silhouette
- Have your knit-and-lace outfit combination look sleeker with a wide-brimmed fedora and leather boots
- For a low-key comfy brunch outfit, pair a slouchy knit top with palazzo pants.