When summer comes to mind, what pops into your head? Is it the fun and vibrant colors that abound everywhere? Is it the warmth of the summer sun? Or is it the fun and exciting things you could do – late night out with friends, early morning to hot afternoons at the beach and countless lazy days. Whatever it is that gets you excited about summer the most, one thing is for sure: you’ll want to look fab while enjoying the most fun season of the year. Check out these simple summer must haves for a fashionable summer and start scouring the stores to get them now!
- Oversized tote – summer trips should be two things: fun and hassle free. Make sure you have all your essentials like sunscreen, lip balm, a bottle of water and whatnot in your tote whenever you need them by carrying around an oversized tote that could hold more than just the basics. You could also use it to hold whatever else you need for summer activities like a beach towel and change of clothes for the beach or a few couple of items from your impromptu shopping trip with friends on a lazy day.
- Striped items – stripes have always had that chic look to them. There’s just something about stripes that make any item look ultra fab. Stripes are one of the must have prints for summer – from your purse to your dress and even to your shoes – you can never go wrong with stripes. They work well paired with just about any other print, too, as well as with a handful of other summer staples.
- Crisp white tops – nothing screams summer more than a crisp white shirt and a pair of denim shorts. it’s a very basic outfit combination that you can dress up with fancy accessories or dress down by swapping regular ol’ denim shorts with ripped and distressed ones. The contrast between glowing tanned skin and a crisp white top is just so sweet and sexy, you just have to rock this look at least once this summer!
- Denim – denim is the ultimate summer fabric so make sure you have all your denim essentials laid out in your closet ready to be worn all summer long from classic denim jeans to chambray shirts to sexier cut-offs and street style ripped and distressed denims to timeless denim jackets. While you’re at it, why not try to sport the Canadian tux look or the denim on denim look? These are just some of the hottest summer trends worth trying.
- Sneakers – forget about your sexy, slinky heels for a while. After all, summer is all about having fun and you can’t have fun when your feet hurts so darn much from walking around in heels all day, can you? Instead, put your sneakers to good use and wear them every single day this summer (except maybe in the office and for dressier events). They go well with just about everything, anyway, so mixing and matching wouldn’t be so much of a problem.