A new hybrid in clothes is taking the fashion industry by storm: the skorts. A pair of skorts gives you the best of both worlds. It gives you the look of a skirt and the comfort of shorts which is why it’s no wonder fashion bloggers, models, celebrities and stylistas have all been raving about the skorts. You’ve probably already seen them on your favorite fashion icons and you may have also already seen them in stores. Zara, Forever 21, ASOS and other brands have already come up with a full line of skorts that you can wear for spring and summer. If you’re planning on getting skorts but aren’t sure how to go about sporting them and looking fab in them, check out these 10 stylish ways to wear skorts.
- Black – black skorts are the way to go if you’re on a budget or if you’re a beginner in the skorts game. You can treat black skorts like regular skirts or ordinary shorts. Going for black lets you mix and match your skorts with other pieces in your wardrobe easily.
- With sneakers – for a cute look that has a sporty chic kind of vibe to it, you can wear your skorts with sneakers. Though all sneaker styles would look good with skorts, low cut and laidback pairs like Converse, Keds or Vans make the best pairings.
- Printed – for a more fun and quirky way to sport the skirt and shorts hybrid piece, opt for a printed one. Printed skorts are amazing if you’re looking for a way to add color and detail to your outfit. Floral prints are always in for spring and summer but you can also sport other prints and patterns with your skorts.
- With heels – skorts are super versatile. as stated above, you can wear it with casual and sporty outfits by pairing them with sneakers but if you’re looking for a more posh way to wear the skirt and shorts lovechild, wear them with heels instead. it’s a gorgeous look that you can wear for a sleek streets style look.
- Pleated – another way that you can give your skorts outfit a more girly or feminine vibe is to wear it pleated. Pleated skorts are super cute. They look more on the skirt side than on the shorts side so they’re perfect if you want to do a cutesy kind of look.
- With a blazer – a great way to do a street style / business casual look with skorts is to polish it up by wearing it with a cute blazer. A tank top and a pair of skorts is pretty basic and casual but once you throw on a nice blazer on top, you get an instantly polished look.
- Leather – if you’re trying to go for an edgier look with your skorts, you can choose a pair made of leather. Leather skorts are great if you want to add a bit of a masculine vibe to your look. You can wear it with other leather items to go all out on the punkish / rock-and-roll-ish look or with softer and more feminine pieces to keep your original sense of style.