Orange and blue is one of the most unexpected color combination trend this year. With Victoria Beckham incorporating this sassy combo to her SS15 collection this year, this color match just keeps getting hotter and hotter. Especially as the weather gradually does, too.
Orange is probably–no, definitely–one of the most brightest colors in the color palette that even some of its non-neon shades could give one’s outfit a good amount of brightening and pop of color. Pairing this with blue, which is basically orange’s complementary color, will tone down its brightness while harmonizing greatly with it. The result? This ultimately chic and hot color combination.
So if you’re planning on sporting this color combo this season, check out these hot ways to wear orange and blue.
- Brighten up your outfit – Those standard top, blue jeans and black shoes could go a long way this summer if you sport a bright orange cover up. Be it trench coat, jacket or blazer. Just keep in mind that you also have to consider what’s underneath. For instance, the sleek and tailored coat goes so well with that straight-cut slightly loose jeans.
- Create an orange center piece by surrounding one with blues – Let your orange stand out even more by wearing it with every other pieces in your outfit in some shade of blue. Preferably those soft and light shades will do great in making the orange of your outfit stand out but a little bold blue won’t hurt too.
- Orange piece, blue accessories or blue piece, orange accessories – If you’re still to afraid with mixing orange pieces to blue ones then you could go for the failsafe route of having an orange outfit with blue accessories to go with it or the other way around. As a result, the attention is focused clearly on one shade while the other complements it yet at the same time there’s a healthy balance of the calmness of blue and the loudness of orange.
- Opt for a faded, near-denim washed shade of blue – You don’t have to wear bold and dark blue to pair with orange. Personally, I find the more neutral shades of blue to look even better. There is a certain femininity in this hues that would have been slightly overlooked by bold-orange-bold-blue color combo.
- Keep it preppy and girly – You don’t just get a chic look for this color combo. With the right choices, you could pull off a preppy silhouette in bold colors. That is a great mix of girliness and playfulness. You’d want to accessorize with quieter accessories in pastel or neutral colors.
- Get bolder with bold prints in bold colors – This color match is already hot and bold as they are but if you’re daring enough, you could plunge ahead into a bolder getup by sporting a piece in bold prints. These two does represent fire and water.
- Put a little texture on your solid colors – If you’re going for pieces in solid colors, then a great way to party up your look is by getting either a plain orange or blue garment with texture in it. Whether it’s ruffled like fur or smooth and glossy like faux leather, the texture does a lot of good in either dressing up or dressing down your entire attire.