We all know she’s a talented actress; otherwise she wouldn’t have bagged a trophy at the recent Academy Awards for her first on screen performance as Patsey in 12 Years a Slave. But if you ask me, there’s more to Lupita Nyong’o than just her acting skills. Aside from her talent, Lupita has shown us that she sure knows how to get all glammed up and pull off the Hollywood A-lister look despite the fact that she’s a newbie in Tinsel Town. She’s been slaying the red carpet with her impeccable taste in clothing for quite some time now and, if there was an official award for the best dressed on the red carpet, she would have bagged that one, too, every time. Let’s take a look at Lupita Nyong’o’s best red carpet looks, shall we?
- Lupita at the 86th Academy Awards – let’s start off with the most recent red carpet event where we saw Lupita shine in a stunning dress. At the 86th Academy Awards, Lupita showed up in a custom light blue Prada dress which featured a very deep plunging neckline and a very flowy silhouette. It was a very simple but elegant gown which she accessorized with a diamond headband and a pair of earrings by Fred Leighton. This outfit made Lupita look like she had stepped right out of the page of a fairytale book.
- Lupita at the 71st Golden Globes Awards – another recent red carpet event where Lupita turned heads was at the 71st Golden Globe Awards which happened last January 12. In this event, Lupita was seen in a very dramatic red dress by Ralph Lauren. The dress featured off the shoulder sleeves and a sensational cape which made Lupita look like true royalty.
- Lupita at the 45th NAACP Image Awards – and, after mastering the art of wearing red on the red carpet, Lupita has once again wowed us in another vibrant color on the red carpet. This time, Lupita chose to sport a citrusy orange color at the 45th NAACP Image Awards last February. The dress was from Givenchy by Ricardo Tisci and Lupita completed her outfit with a bold gold cuff and a matching orange clutch.
- Lupita at the Producers Guild Awards – Lupita shows that she’s a true fashionista who can pull off any dress, whether it’s in a bold color or a neutral one. At the 2014 Producers Guild Awards, Lupita sashayed down the red carpet wearing a nude asymmetrical dress by Stella McCartney. The dress hugged her in all the right places and made her sexy hourglass figure really shine.
- Lupita at the Critic’s Choice Awards 2014 – and who could ever forget that white hot dress that made such a striking contrast with her gorgeous skin tone Lupita wore to the Critics’ Choice Awards last January? The dress by Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein was worn by the 12 Years a Slave star with a matching gold Calvin Klein clutch. Indeed, Lupita could be the next big thing not only in acting but in fashion as well.