Sometimes, no matter how trendy or gorgeous your outfit is, it tends to become boring on you of you keep wearing the same style over and over. You don’t have to step out of your comfort zone to avoid looking blah, though. There are many other things you can do aside from getting new styles of clothes to spice up your look. Getting a haircut, having bangs, wearing different makeup – all these can help you shake up your looks and your style. However, if you’re looking for an easier way, you can always simply add accessories to your outfit. Big and bold necklaces are very trendy right now and they’re one of the best ways to add excitement to your old look. Here are some of our tips on how to wear big and bold necklaces:
- Remember that less is more – we may think that, to make a statement, we need to pile loads and loads of jewelry on but that’s actually the opposite of what you should really be doing. When wearing a big and bold necklace, try to keep other pieces down to a minimum. Stud earrings are a better choice compared to chandelier type ones if you already have a stunning statement pieces of a necklace. Doing otherwise might have you looking like you’re trying too hard or going overboard.
- Keep your outfit simple – there’s no need to go all out with your outfit if you’re wearing a gorgeous necklace along with it. In fact, you should keep your outfit as simple as it can be so that your necklace gets the opportunity to shine and be the main focus in your look. if your necklace is more of a show-stopping piece, an outfit such as jeans and a plain white shirt would be enough and would work great as a blank canvass to showcase your jealousy-invoking jewelry piece.
- Choose the perfect neckline – there’s really no use in wearing a big and bold necklace if it’s all going to be hidden and covered under layers and layers of clothes and collars. This is the reason why it’s very important that you choose the right neckline for the kind of necklace that you are wearing. If you really want to show off your necklace, strapless, scoop, v-neck and asymmetrical cut necklines are what you should go for.
- Choose a piece that goes well with your outfit – well, you should have this figured out by now but in case you haven’t yet, you can’t just wear any big and bold necklace with any outfit. It’s important that your clothes and your necklace are cohesive and work well with each other. This means that if you’re trying to pull off an elegant, prim and proper look, big and bold pearl necklaces are your best bet while colorful and whimsical necklaces should be worn with more casual outfits.
- Remember color contrast – in case you are wearing your necklace over against a fabric, make sure that the colors on your necklace make great contrast with the color on your clothes. This way, your necklace will stand out instead of blend in with the rest of the fabric.