With the early days of fall passing by ever so quickly, the temps drop lower and lower by the day, leaving us with weather that’s perfect for cuddling and snuggling and cozying and bundling up. One of the things that many women stress about when it comes to this kind of weather is how to feel comfy and look chic at the same time. Switching things up in your wardrobe is key, of course. Replacing your summer essentials with heavier, bulkier and warmer pieces is important but if adding a huge bulk to your silhouette to get more warmth isn’t your thing then why not try layering? Here’s a list of all the outerwear you’ll need for fall and for creating stylish layered looks.
- Cardigan – on days when the cold is bearable and you don’t feel like you need anything too heavy, a cardigan is your best bet. Maxi cardigans are on trend right now and they’re perfect for creating and adding lots of movement and drama to your look. You can wear them over anything and everything in your fall closet and what’s great is that you can top them off with another piece of outerwear granted that they’re thin enough. Other cardigan styles are great, too, for when you want something more laidback and relaxed.
- Leather jacket – a leather jacket is a cold weather must have. Wear it when you want to add a cool edge to your look or when you simply want to do the rocker chic look any day. It gives you a very sleek and sexy look when worn with other leather pieces yet it goes perfectly well with softer and more feminine items like dresses and skirts as well.
- Trench coat – a trench coat is the perfect outerwear to wear to work. It adds a nice sophisticated touch to your look and it’s very posh, too. You can wear it on top of dresses, with trousers, on top of a suit or with anything that you usually wear to work. It makes a great outerwear for when you’re wearing something rather dressy, too, for a fancy event / party.
- Cape – the most popular and hottest trend when it comes to outerwear this fall is sporting a cape. Everyone’s been wearing a cape lately, from your favorite fashion bloggers to the models on the Fashion Week runways and there’s no denying that this trend is here to stay, quite possibly, until winter time. If you’re not sure how to go about sporting this trend, check out these tips on how to wear a cape.
- Fur outerwear – any kind of outerwear, from a gilet to a full on coat, that has fur on it is an instant game changer. You can wear the simplest outfit underneath and it would still look expensive and classy when you have fur outerwear on.
These are all the outerwear that you need for a fabulous fall wardrobe. Have them all ready in your closet and you’ll never have to worry about feeling warm and comfy and look great at the same time ever again.