A scarf is an accessory that a lot of us associate only with winter wear or with outfits for cold weather. While keeping you warm IS the primary function of this accessory, there are also a lot of other things you can do with it. You’ve seen lots of fashionistas use scarves in a plethora of creative ways, be it as a part of their outfit or in some DIY fashion project. Now, check out our list of amazing ways to wear a scarf.
- Scarf wrap sandals – looking for the perfect footwear to complete you Boho chic look? Why not try making your own DIY scarf wrap sandals? It’s quite easy and it’s a really unique way to wear your scarf. Just take your favorite pair of flat sandals or your favorite pair of flip flops, wrap the straps with your scarf and use the remaining part of the scarf to tie around your ankles and upwards. You can also take out the regular straps and weave the scarf in as a replacement. You can use scarves with the same design if you have two that match or take the fun and quirky route and use two very different ones for a whimsical look. You can also do this with high heeled shoes that have straps on them.
- Tie it around your purse – most purses today are very sleek, chic, elegant but simple. If you have a plain purse that you want to stand out, you can tie a colorful scarf on it. tie it around the handle and make a pretty bow. It’s a really cute look to go for and it’s a nice way to have that a scarf during the most unexpected times.
- Wear it as a bandana headband – your hair is one of the parts of your overall look for the day that you spend most of your time on when prepping in the morning. However, there will always be those days when you just won’t have enough time to do a fancy hairstyle. On days like these, you have three options: 1) walk out of that door looking like a hobo, 2) sport a plain and ordinary hairstyle that would make you look like every other Plain Jane or 3) take a nice scarf and use it as a headband to adorn your hair. It’s a really cute and girly look that you can wear any time you’re in a rush but would still like to have your hair looking good.
- Use it as a belt around your waist – if you want to accentuate your waist but don’t like the uncomfortable feeling of wearing a belt, you can simply use your scarf as a substitute. Choose a scarf in a color that would go well with your outfit to make it really pop. You can use your scarf as a belt regardless of whether you’re wearing pants, shorts, a skirt or a dress. You can also DIY it and add a buckle if you want it to be more secure.
- Wear it like a skirt – you’ll want to choose a scarf made out of thick fabric if you’re going to pull off this look because a sheer scarf would not look very appropriate. You also have to make sure that your scarf is long enough to go around your waist at least twice. If you have a knack for sewing, though, you can sew your scarf into a proper skirt instead of a wrap around one.