Denim shorts are like the ultimate bottoms for spring and summer. They’re light and easy and they’re super versatile. If you’re going for a street style look in your outfit, wearing denim shorts is a great choice to make. There are plenty of ways to wear denim shorts and there are endless combinations when it comes to mixing and matching it with other items in your closet. Check out these chic street style ways to wear denim shorts.
- With a chambray shirt – denim on denim has been such a huge trend but not all women like the feeling of denim against their skin on the upper half of their body and if you’re one of them, this might sometimes frustrate you, especially when you want to rock the denim on denim trend so bad. Good thing, though, there’s chambray. It has the look of denim and the feel of linen so you can rock the denim on denim trend without having to feel denim against your skin. It’s perfect if you want to rock this street style outfit.
- With gladiator sandals – for a sexy and edgy street style look, wear your gladiator sandals. Gladiator sandals are super cute and they may look a bit complicated but if you want something simpler, you can always opt for the zip up gladiators. Denim shorts and gladiator sandals are perfect if you want a summery street style look.
- With a crisp white shirt – for a simple, fuss free yet fool proof chic street style look, the combination of a plain crisp white shirt and denim shorts is your best bet. It’s plain, it’s simple, it’s straightforward and it’s easy to pull off yet when the look comes together, it’s super chic and stylish. This is also the perfect outfit combo if you want the basic celeb / model off duty look. Think it’s too boring? Throw on a chunky necklace or a bright scarf or a snazzy hat and you’re good to go.
- With sneaker wedge – have you even thought of combining the sporty and girly look? If you’ve been looking for a way to sport both styles and still end up with the perfect balance, you should definitely try out sneaker wedges. The whole sneaker look gives it that athletic vibe while the wedge part keeps it feminine. When worn with denim shorts, sneaker wedges can give you the ultimate street style look that combines sporty and girly all in one.
- With color – colored denim shorts are great if you want to incorporate more color in your outfit. Neon denims are on trend for spring so you might want to check that out in stores. If you’re on a tight budget, you can always DIY your own colored shorts using an old pair and some dye. You can do a solid color or get more creative with an ombre or a tie dye design.
- Ripped and distressed – I love how ripped and distressed denims are super versatile, especially for street style looks. Wear them with a moto jacket and you get the biker chic look. Wear them with a denim jacket and you get a casual look. Wear them with a crop top and you get the ultimate summer street style look. The pieces you can wear ripped and distressed denim shorts with can be anything and everything from your closet and the mix and match possibilities are endless.