Crop tops became super popular this summer but that doesn’t mean you can’t wear them on colder days like winter. instead of wearing a cropped tank top, this season, opt for a cropped sweater. It’s a much warmer and more comfortable alternative to all the other crop top styles you used to love back in summer and spring and it’s equally stunning and stylish. In this post, we’ll show you various chic ways to wear cropped sweaters. Read on and take inspiration from these gorgeous outfit ideas.
- Use it for layering, on top of a button up – a button up shirt is a classic piece that you can wear all year round but if you’re looking for a fashionable way to wear it and keep yourself warm and cozy on cold days, it’s best to layer it with a cool cropped sweater on top. The layered look will give you a chic and preppy vibe and it’s a great outfit for school or for work. Choose colors that will create contrast to make your outfit more exciting and interesting.
- Wear it with a maxi skirt or a maxi dress – for a more girly and romantic kind of look on cold days, you can wear your cropped sweater with a maxi skirt or on top of a maxi dress. you may need to wear your maxi skirt up a bit higher if you have a very short cropped sweater but if you can tolerate the cold and show some skin, a peeking midriff is always a cute way to look sexy. if not, however, you can always choose to wear your cropped sweaters with maxi dresses to make sure you’re all warm and covered up.
- Pair it with high waisted pants – high waisted pants are super flattering if you wear the right pair. They can hide muffin tops and they can also make you look a little bit taller that you already are. Another thing that high waisted pants are good for is pairing with cropped sweaters. If you want a casual and relaxed fall / winter look, the combination of a cropped sweater and a pair of high waisted pants is definitely going to make you look fabulous.
- Wear it with a pencil skirt – now, cropped sweaters don’t really do much to flatter your figure (except when you have sexy abs and seductive curves to show off) so if you want to create an outfit with it that looks sexy, it’s important to choose bottoms that give off a sexy silhouette. One of the best bottoms you can pair your cropped sweater with for a sexy outfit is a nice pencil skirt. The combination of these pieces will give you a very sexy ad sophisticated look.
- Wear a long tank top underneath – the most basic way to wear a cropped sweater and stay warm is to wear something simple underneath, like a long tank top, which will cover up parts of you that your cropped sweater won’t. Wearing your cropped sweater with a long tank top underneath will make it so much easier for you to choose other pieces to wear with it because then you can just treat it as a regular sweater.