Everyone loves the holidays. They’re fun, they’re festive, and they’re a great season for relaxing and catching up with family and friends you’ve missed from being busy or being away the whole year round. What’s even more exciting about the holidays are, of course, the parties! Holiday parties are always a great excuse to dress up and dress fancy. Here are some great ideas for holiday outfits that you can take inspiration from:
- Little Black Dress – the little black dress is something that I’m sure can be found in every woman’s closet. Whatever the style of your LBD is, it’s perfect for the holiday parties and every other party for that matter. The little black dress is practically the most flexible thing you can wear for the holidays. You can throw on a coat, a jacket or a blazer over it during the day and take it off when you’re headed for the night.
- Girly Tux – for those holiday events when you know and feel that all your friends will be wearing frilly, girly girl dresses and gowns and you just want to stand out instead of blend in, a really tight fitting (perhaps maybe even bedazzled) tuxedo is the perfect choice. Pair it with a mini skirt or shorts and killer heels to give it a more feminine feel.
- Seeing red – going red from head to foot has just turned from cheeky to chic. Go with a stunning red dress with sexy red heels and a posh red handbag to keep the holiday spirit alive. After all, red is the color for the season of merriment.
- Winter wonderland – what better way to dress up for the holidays than to go for winter whites? White dresses for the holidays are perfect if you want to look polished and elegant. Of course, if things start to look a little blah, you can always add a little statement piece of accessory that will spice up the whole ensemble.
- All that glitters – the obvious choice for any holiday evening event is, of course, anything that sparkles, glitters and shimmers. This is an extremely popular choice for the New Years when everyone wants to have a little bit of sparkle on them when they step out for the festivities.
There’s no need to buy a whole ensemble of brand new clothes for the holidays. Sometimes, the sexiest and most stylish looks are made from what’s inside your closet, so don’t be afraid to mix and match to your heart’s content.