Plaid shirts are one of fall’s essentials, especially the flannel ones. These plus jeans make the perfect lazy day go-to outfit that any girl can wear. Of course, there are more ways than one when it comes to styling a plaid shirt. If you’re looking for ways to up your style game this fall, check out these cool ways to wear a plaid shirt.
- With jeans – the ultimate lazy day street style combo that can make any girl look effortlessly cool is a plaid shirt and jeans. Add a pair of moto boots to the look and you have yourself a cool look that’s easy to wear, easy to pull off and even easier to create. You can add an outerwear like a leather jacket to this combo if the weather is too cold for just a plaid shirt on its own.
- With other prints – do an updated fall print on print trend and mix and match your plaid shirt with other pieces that have other print designs. Plaid and floral, for example, creates the perfect balance between a late spring and early fall look. If you’re looking for a combo you can wear all year long you can also pair it with more versatile prints like striped and polka dots or go all out on your autumnal look and pair it up with other checkered patterns.
- As an outerwear – now, if the outdoor temps allow for it, you can wear your plaid shirt as your outerwear instead of wearing a jacket or a coat, especially if it’s made of flannel since it’ll be able to provide you with a little warmth. Wear it over a plain shirt or tank top and leave it open or partially buttoned up for that rough and rugged look that’s sure to take your street style game up a notch.
- With white pants – for a more sophisticated look, you can wear your plaid shirt with white pants instead of your good ol’ regular jeans. White pants give the look a much more well put together vibe. It’s more polished to look at even when paired with really casual tops like a plaid shirt.
- Around the waist – going for that cool grunge girl look? Instead of wearing your plaid shirt like the usual, tie it around your waist. You can wear it later on during the day when the temps start to drop and the cold starts to set in. It’s one of the most popular ways to wear a plaid shirt back in the nineties and it’s quickly becoming a hot trend today.
- With rider / cowboy boots – because the grunge look is once again becoming popular, it’s so easy to associate the plaid shirt with it but if you’re not excited about going grunge for fall, just know that there are other looks that you can create with a plaid shirt. One of the easiest look that you can pull off with a plaid shirt is the country cowgirl look. Simply pair your plaid shirt with jeans and cowboy boots and you’re good to go.