So it’s game day and the boyfriend wants to take you out on a date… to the game. What do you do? Even if you’re not a fan of any kind of sports (it is possible, trust me), you can’t possibly turn him down, right? If seeing the game is not your thing but you’re still going anyway to show him that you support his interests, make the most out of this date and enjoy dressing up for it instead. Check out these tips on what to wear to a game day date inspired by your favorite stars so you can look courtside chic.
- MAXI DRESS AND DENIM JACKET – this combo may seem super simple but it’s definitely super chic as well. See Olivia Munn’s take on this casual courtside chic outfit below – it’s perfect! She put together a striped maxi skirt, a denim jacket and a pair of suede ankle boots and then finished off with minimal accessories and a tan Michael Kors tote.
- CROP TOP AND RIPPED JEANS – now, if what you want is an outfit that would give you that ‘one of the boys’ kind of look, then maybe something al little more rough and rugged would do for you. Take inspiration from this sexy street style look from Rihanna made up of a crop top and a pair of boyfriend jeans. Lend it a bit of a girly vibe by wearing heels with your outfit or go for the total tomboy look and finish off with boots or sneakers.
- HEAD TO TOE PRINT – we all know Bey and Jay are courtside regulars and we’ve seen many of Queen Bey’s fabulous game day outfits but we particularly love this one she wore a while ago to the Brooklyn Nets Home Opener. Feel like the game is going to leave you looking bored to death? Take Beyonce’s lead and wear an outfit with head to toe print to perk you up.
- LADYLIKE DRESSES – and who said you can’t keep your dainty, girly side when going courtside? Be inspired by Anna Wintour in staying true to your feminine style and wearing dresses to game day dates. Check out these gorgeous snaps of Anna Wintour enjoying her courtside tennis fix. You, too, can look this girly and chic by picking out fun and ladylike dresses to wear to the game.
- HEELS AND A DRESSY TOP – and who says your date night has to end after the ball game? Make plans for other fun things after the game (maybe a romantic late dinner, a walk down memory lane, moon and star gazing – is that a little too cheesy? – or even perhaps a drink or two at your favorite club) and dress up for it! Take cue from Chrissy Teigen and her super sleek and chic outfit at the Knicks vs Nets game in Madison Garden (Jan. 20, 2014).