Gift giving need not be expensive, even when you have a long list of people you want to give gifts to. If you’re a on a bit of a tight budget for the holidays but don’t want to miss anyone on your list, you can give out DIY gifts instead of buying them. These are better than generic gifts because the receiver will know that you put a lot of time and effort into creating them. Check out these fab DIY gifts to give to your stylish friends.
- CRAFTY FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS – got tons of friends and don’t know what to give them? You wouldn’t want to give one a better present than all the others now, would you? To be on the safe side, why not make them each a personalized friendship bracelet? Use materials like strings and cords and beads in colors that you know they will like. You can also add charms to make each one unique.
- LEATHER POUCH – leather always makes a nice gift, whether it be something like an expensive designer piece or an inexpensive little item. Leather pouches are on trend right now and you see every fashionista carrying them around. If you have great sewing skills, check out this video tutorial on how to make a leather pouch just like the ones from American Apparel. You can leave them plain or embellish them with studs for an edgier look.
- BEJEWELED BEANIE – another really easy but super chic DIY gift that you can give your girl friends is a bejeweled beanie. This is perfect for winter and it instantly makes any outfit look so much cuter plus it’s really inexpensive, too, but it certainly doesn’t look like it. Here’s a video tutorial on how to make your own bejeweled beanie.
- NO SEW CARRY ALL TOTE – we all have that one friend who always seems to need to have everything with her when she leaves the house, no matter if it’s a quick errand, a mall run or an spending the night over at another house. For her, why not make this super easy no sew carry all tote? It’s big and roomy and it’s easy to make, too! Watch Ingrid Nilsen aka Miss Glamorazzi make one in this easy to follow video tutorial.
- POM POM KNIT SCARF – knitting is an art that not everybody has the skill or patience for. If you’re someone who knows how to knit and loves it, make your friends something that you knitted with your own hands! Scarves are super easy to knit because it’s basically one long strip. You can make it more colorful and exciting (and personalized!) by adding little pompoms at the ends.