This winter season has indeed proved to be a challenge for most fashionistas because the extremely cold temperatures have made it real difficult for us to stay stylish. Some may have battled it out and remained looking fabulous and glamorous but there are also those who have succumbed to bulky Grandpa-ish jackets and coats just to stay warm. To those women, remember that winter will be over in a few couple of weeks or so and soon enough, summer will come to make dressing up and looking cute a whole lot easier again so cheer up. And, here’s more reason for you to smile despite this cold gloomy weather: spring is coming in a few months, too! And we’ve got you covered on hot spring fashion trends for 2014 so don’t worry about looking glam for this year’s spring season because we’ve got the good for you. Read on below and see what’s going to be hot this spring.
- Light, romantic feathers – spring is all about looking and feeling girly and romantic to a lot of women and this year, dainty little feathers are one of the hottest trends. From charming maribou and delicate ostrich fronds to elegant and luxurious peacock feather adornments and embellishments, everything feather is sure to flood the runways and the streets this spring. Match feather pieces with casual ones to make them more wearable and appropriate for every day outfits. You can also wear feathers on your accessories.
- Think Pink – Good news to all the girly girls out there: pink is going to be this year’s spring’s trendiest and most stylish color! This rosy hue has been in the hearts of many women from their childhood days and this year, it’s about to take center stage in the spring fashion scene. Try wearing a monochromatic pink outfit in different complementing shades to get a super fun and feminine look.
- Ladies as gentlemen – another cool trend to come this spring is ladies wearing menswear inspired pieces like brogue shoes, tuxedo blazers paired with boyish shorts along with chic, feminine details like lace, metallic colors, sexy heels and comfy and cute wedge heels. The combination of manly pieces paired with girly accents is a surefire way to look super posh and sophisticated this spring.
- Cream of the crop – crop tops are still going to be in for spring, especially cropped sweaters paired with mid rise or high waisted bottoms or worn over dresses. Wearing a crop top is a cute, subtle and stylish way to show off a sexy bod so this is perfect for those who work hard to get a body that’s indeed to be envied. If you want to take the conservative route, you can always wear your cropped sweater over a nice spring dress.
- Midi, midi miney moe – spring is never complete without skirts gracing the runway and the streets and for 2014, midi skirts are hot. Midi skirts are the perfect choice if you think miniskirts are too short and maxi skirts are too long. These skirts go with just about anything you have in your closet so they’re easy to style and super practical if you’re on a tight budget.