With spring in full bloom and summer coming soon, I’m pretty sure a number of you lovely ladies have already planned out a trip or two somewhere where you can enjoy the sun, sand and sea. Beaches are one of the most popular vacation spots for spring and summer because we all love to just feel the warmth of the sun after the long, cold winter season and also because it’s so much fun to relax and cool down by going for a dip. If you have planned a trip to the tropics, check out this list of fashion must haves for a vacation in the tropics to make sure you’ve packed everything you need.
- A swimsuit – depending on how long your vacation is going to be, I would recommend you bring at least a couple of swimsuits (more if you’re staying longer). No trip to the tropics is complete without taking a dip at the beach and you’ll need your cutest swimsuits for that. Even when you don’t plan to swim a lot, you can still wear your swimsuit while you get your tan on or while you just lounge around at the resort, just wear shorts with your swimsuit or put on a cover up.
- A nice hat – the tropics can get a lot warmer than you would expect so having a nice hat to protect your hair from the heat is really convenient. I love straw / woven hats because they’re light and airy which assures me that my hair won’t be wet from sweat even after hours of wearing a hat plus they really add that ‘tropical’ feel to your whole look, too. I wouldn’t advise bringing fancy, expensive or designer hats to the beach just because the wind might blow it away or it might get wet and get ruined.
- Flip flops – you can bring a pair of heels, wedges, flats or whatever else you want but make sure you don’t forget to bring a pair of flip flops as well when going on a tropical vacation. They won’t take up much space in your luggage and they’re the perfect pair to wear at the beach where sand tends to get anywhere and everywhere. With flip flops, you can easily shake sand off your feet when it’s time to leave.
- Sunglasses – I love how sunglasses can make you look really posh and at the same time, it’s actually doing something for you and that is protecting your eyes from the sun so you don’t have to squint and squinch your eyes the whole time you’re out in the sun. Sunglasses come in all shapes and sizes and there are some styles/designs that look exceptionally gorgeous on certain face shapes but if you want something that’s sure to look good on you, aviator glasses or anything oversized will do the trick.
- Sarong wrap – sarongs are another fashion must have you should bring to the tropics, especially to the beach. When looking for a sarong wrap, get the plain one instead of the tube sarong. This way, you can do a variety of things with your sarong wrap. Use it as a cover up, tie it around your tote, transform it into a wrap dress or use it as a beach towel – all these and more can be done with just one sarong wrap.