A lot of women like to appear taller than they really are which is why heels are very well-loved. However, for women who are naturally tall, it can be awkward at times when you’re walking with a crowd of not-so-tall people. It’s not all that bad, though, because being tall still has lots of advantages. If you’re tall and you want to know how you can look your best with confidence, read on. We’ve got fashion tips for tall women that you can use to your advantage.
- Wear heels if you have to – the key to looking good in anything is being confident in wearing them. Don’t fear high-heeled shoes, even if you’re tall. Heels are the best shoes to wear when you’re going to a formal or semi-formal event. If you don’t want to look too freakishly tall, go for shoes with kitten heels.
- Go big with accessories – one beautiful thing about being tall is that you can carry and wear oversized accessories without looking like you’re drowning in them or looking like a kid playing dress up with mommy’s clothes. Use this to your advantage and wear oversized accessories like purses and clutches to make a bold fashion statement. Of course, you have to remember to use only one oversized accessory at a time.
- Emphasizing your waist – when you’re tall and slender, you sometimes tend to look like a stick – long and straight with no curves. To avoid this, make sure to accentuate your waist by bringing emphasis to it. You can do this by wearing a belt, or by wearing high waisted pants, skirts or shorts. The belt will help break the line from your upper torso to the lower torso as well, so you end up looking more proportioned and not so tall.
- De-emphasizing height with prints and colors – if you don’t like attention being drawn to you all the time because of your height, you can de-emphasize by avoiding monochromatic color schemes in your outfit. Instead of using one color from head to foot, go with colors and prints and pair them with neutrals.
- Choosing the perfect dress length – floor length maxi dresses are a challenge to wear for shorter women but if you’re tall, take advantage of it and go for full floor-length ones. Wearing a long maxi dress is perfect if you want to show off your height. On the other hand, if you want to downplay your height, you can go for midlength dresses.