From being something that women just used to wear to the workplace, the pencil skirt is quickly becoming a stylista’s favorite piece for a quick primp and posh street style look. There are tons of looks that you can pull off using a pencil skirt. What I really like about these skirts is that they work well and look great on just about any body shape / type. If you’re looking for a skirt you can wear that will give you that sexy look and feel without necessarily showing off your legs, go for a pencil skirt. It’s a skirt that can easily take you from day to night / desk to dinner, too. Check out these fun and stylish ways to wear pencil skirts.
- Wear it with a casual top – since a pencil skirt generally looks dressy and posh, wearing it with something casual up top is the best way to go if you want to achieve a cute and easy street style look. Choose and pair it with something that you would usually wear with boyfriend jeans, shorts or any other street style bottoms and finish the outfit off with either heels for a more sophisticated look or sneakers to get a full on street style attire.
- Wear it with a chambray shirt – need to dress down a pencil skirt but not to the point that it exudes such a casual vibe but instead just laidback enough for you to wear to the workplace for Dress Down Fridays? One easy way to get the perfect business casual look with a pencil skirt is to wear it with a chambray top and a pair of killer heels. This outfit combinations screams ‘chic and stylish’ without taking away the business-y vibe of your look.
- Wear it printed – to add more fun to your pencil skirt, try to get one that has cute and interesting prints on it. Floral pencil skirts are great if you want something that has a cool and fresh spring look while striped pencil skirts are great all year round. Graphic pencil skirts are perfect if you want a more exciting flare to your outfit.
- Wear it with a matching crop top – if you haven’t already scouted for a matching crop top and pencil skirt, now is the time to do it. If you’re not convinced that this pairing work, just take a look at Queen Bey’s striped crop top and pencil skirt finished off with a pair of neon orange heels which she wore to Jay Z’s birthday party this year.
- With any shirt tucked in – pencil skirts are almost always high waisted so if you’re someone who likes to emphasize and flaunt her curves when dressing up, this styling trick is for you. Tuck your shirt into your pencil skirt to get a really sexy look that will make your curves the focal point of your outfit. This works well with just about any top, especially button down shirts and blouses.