A black dress is a very classy piece that you can wear on its own and look good effortlessly. However, there are still a few things that you can do to make your black dress even more gorgeous. if you want to know how to accessorize a black dress and achieve different looks, read on.
- With chunky pieces of jewelry – achieve a young, fun and trendy look by wearing your classic black dress with chunky statement pieces of jewelry. You jewelry will shine when worn with an outfit like a simple black dress because the dress serves as some sort of canvass.
- With cowboy boots – watch how country meets classic as you wear your black dress with a pair of rugged cowboy boots. This look is very Western and it’s the perfect combination of charming and laidback.
- With a blazer – get a more polished look by wearing a blazer over your black dress. this look is very sophisticated. You can wear a black blazer if you want a formal look or you can wear a bright colored blazer to add a pop of color to your outfit and make it more fun.
- With a belt – if you want to show off the sexy curves on your hips while wearing a plain black dress, all you have to do is to simply cinch your dress by the waist and add a nice belt on. This will also help break the color monotony of your dress from top to bottom.
- With a pearl necklace – get the much coveted iconic look of Audrey Hepburn in the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s by wearing a simple black dress and a good layer of pearl necklaces. This look is super chic, classy and elegant and is perfect for any formal party.
- With a scarf – dress down a rather formal black dress and make it more wearable and appropriate for daytime by wearing a scarf with it. Remember to choose a scarf that you would usually wear with your casual outfits and avoid scarves of lux fabric and material like pashmina or cashmere as this will only make your outfit dressier.
- With nude heels – get the illusion of having longer legs and a taller physique by wearing nude heels with your black dress. this works best with short black dresses that fall above the knee. If you’re petite and want to look tall, this outfit combination would work very well for you.