You’ve just got to love neutral outfits! I know I do. They’re very classy and easy to wear and everything looks so well-put together. A lot of women these days opt for neutral outfits because they haven’t got the time to really plan out and color coordinate another outfit. However, the downside to this is that neutral outfits tend to look too plain and boring at times. Here are some ways on how to add color to a neutral outfit to shake things up every once in a while:
- Accessorize with a bold and colorful statement necklace – this is one of the simplest and easiest things you can do but it’s also one of the best ways to add color to a neutral outfit. Although it would be classy to wear a necklace in one striking bold color, don’t shy away from a good statement necklace with lots of color on it, the neutral colors on your outfit should balance it out quite nicely.
- Wear bright lipstick – want to keep the simplicity of the look of your neutral outfit but still want a pop of color somewhere? That’s easy. You can keep your outfit as it is and you don’t have to add any accessory. All you really need to do is pair your neutral outfit with a really bright lip. It’s subtle, sure, but it also keeps your neutral outfit as simple as can be.
- Put on a bright pair of shoes – it sure would be a sweet surprise to see some nice colorful shoes at the bottom of a plain, neutral outfit. Shoes are an easy way to introduce color to your outfit without having to mess with your clothes. They’re perfect for when you want just a pop of color.
- Carry a colorful purse – this is perhaps one of the most common ways stylish women like to add color to a neutral outfit. Sometimes, we tend to gravitate to neutral colored purses, too, so we can use them with lots of other outfits and they can easily match. However, it’s also a great idea to have a bag or two that comes in fun colors for those days when you want a nice splash of color added to a neutral outfit.
- Rely on a scarf – scarves are not just good for keeping you warm on winter, they can also be used to accessorize and add color to a neutral outfit. if you think the weather, or your outfit, does not call for a scarf, you can always just tie it around the handle of your purse. It’s a nice way to add a subtle touch of color.