We all love a good vacation where we get to go to new places and just relax every now and then. especially after a long and tiring week or month. Travelling is great but getting from where you are to where you want to go isn’t exactly a glamorous process. Travelling by plane dries out your skin, a road trip will have you dealing with humidity and you’d have to battle heat (apart from seasickness) on a cruise ship. Looking cute and comfy at the same time while you’re on the road can be tricky. If you’re planning on travelling somewhere for spring or summer, check out these tips on how to be cute and comfy while travelling.
- Ditch your contact lenses for eyeglasses – contact lenses are super drying for the eyes and the dry plane air or the wind gushing past your face while travelling will only make it worse and will leave you with insanely red eyes. When travelling, it’s best to keep your contact lenses and just wear eyeglasses. Make sure to pick up a pair that comes in a frame that will flatter your face shape so that they don’t serve only as eyeglasses but as accessories as well.
- Wear light makeup – travelling can put a damper on beauty but that doesn’t mean you have to look like crap when have to go on a road trip or take a flight. Since you’ll just be sitting around (and probably sleeping) throughout the trip, you don’t really need to glam up your face that much. Light makeup, perhaps a natural look, should be enough to get you from point A to point B looking cute. You can get your full face on once you get to your destination but while you’re on the road, try to keep your makeup light so your skin has some time to breathe.
- Wear comfy shoes – comfy shoes are key to looking cute and being comfy while travelling. You don’t want to be running around the airport limping in heels, now, do you? If you’re going on a road trip or a cruise, flip flops are one of your comfiest options. They’re easy to wear, they don’t strain your feet plus they add a springy-summery vibe to your outfit instantly.
- Wear functional accessories – we all know an outfit is never complete without good accessories but when you’re travelling you wouldn’t want to be wearing accessories that are obnoxious and would get in the way of a comfy trip. Chokers, for example, aren’t that comfy when you’re trying to sleep in your seat and that jingly arm party of yours with who knows how many bracelets may be keeping other people (and you) from a peaceful nap. Instead of wearing these accessories, go for items that are not only stylish but are functional as well. A scarf is great if you’re going on a plane ride because it can keep you warm. A purse or a sling bag that fits your essentials, a watch to let you keep track of time, a pair of sunglasses to shield your eyes from the sun – these are just some of the accessories that are practical and fashionable at the same time.
- Wear simple and appropriate clothing – if you’re driving to your destination on a hot and humid day, you’ll want to wear something light and easy without too much layers so you can keep cool throughout the trip. A simple t-shirt and jeans or tank top and shorts kind of outfit is ideal for these kinds of trips. If you’re flying, on the other hand, you’ll want to wear warmer clothes because planes can get pretty chilly and you want to be warm and cozy in your seat.