Fashion is fun. With it, you get to be creative and express yourself. Discovering your own unique sense of style, though, doesn’t always come easy. You may have already been through many different fashion phases and still feel like you still haven’t found that certain look that’s all you. For those of you out there who are still stuck, check out these tips on how to come up with your own unique style.
- BROWSE FOR INSPIRATION – the first thing you need to find your true sense of unique style is an inspiration. Browse through blogs, celebrity pictures on the internet and on magazines and just look around you. You’ll find inspiration everywhere. Don’t feel the need to exactly copy / replicate what you see, though. Find something that you like and tweak it to suit you.
- EXPLORE EACH AND EVERY STORE – don’t be a store snob. You’ll never know what treasures you can find in different ones. It’s okay to love a few particular stores / brands but don’t ignore all the other ones. If you have a thrift shop near your area, visit that too! Thrift shops are perfect for finding one-of-a-kind pieces that nobody else is wearing which guarantees a unique look. That said, don’t feel pressured to buy something from every single one either. You can pop into a store and just look around. Don’t force yourself to like anything if you truly don’t.
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT WITH STYLE – sometimes, even a not-so-cute piece can look ultra chic when styled right. If you have a few couple of these pieces in your closet from years ago, think of the ways you can style them before you decide on tossing them. A t-shirt need not remain to be a t-shirt. With a few snips and stitches, you can turn it into a crop top. That old button up top? Why not wear it knotted on top of a plain tee to get a hint of the 90s grunge look?
- FORGET ABOUT THE LABELS – having designer brand clothes will not instantly make you look stylish so don’t bother about obsessing with those, especially when you’re on a budget.
- ABOUT TRENDS – watching out for new trends and trying out a few couple of new ones is a great way to experiment with style and see what you might like but don’t feel pressured to follow each and every trend that comes about, much less stick to them. Filter out which trends you think would be great for you and try those out. Leave out the ones that don’t make you feel too comfy.
- BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR OWN SKIN – lastly, to find your own unique sense of style, you need to be comfortable in your own skin. You may not have supermodel legs but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock skirts and short dresses. So what you don’t have Kim Kardashian’s corset-trained waist? There are so many styling tricks that you can use to create more curves in your silhouette.